Thread: June 14
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2005, 04:29 AM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Default June 14

Today is almost the conclusion of the 5MDW launch, featuring the following fivers....
    [*]Fifth Doctor: "Castrovalva," the SCMoll fiver I couldn't find a copy of yesterday.[*]Seventh Doctor: "Survival," by Scooter.[*]Eighth Doctor: Nothing, since he was only in the movie, and we already have that one.[*]Ninth (Current) Doctor: "The Unquiet Dead," Scooter's first crack at the new show, and....[*]Ninth Doctor: "Dalek," SCMoll's first crack. Longtime readers will be stunned that I'm letting him live after some of the stuff he pulls in this one....[/list]Why is this only almost the end? Because my own contribution, the pilot of the new series, is only half done. (Tonight was the best chance I'll have for a while to see Star Wars: Episode III, which I did, and which was spectacular.) I'll finish it as soon as I can and toss on top of the relevant day's update. And updates there will be -- oh my, yes. Because tomorrow* our fifth-anniversary celebration is here to kick your butt from here to Gallifrey.

Be here -- and spread the word.

(By the way, since the DW event does mostly end today, I hereby welcome Scooter, the newest member of the 5MV family. Congratulations on your new subsite; may you and it both prosper.)

* Not Thursday. I forgot what day of the week yesterday was.

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction