View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 12:57 AM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

I'd like to say that really good friends can talk about anything, but experience has taught me that's not so. If you can talk about politics or religion with a friend, that's great. But it's not something you can count on. It depends on a lot of things, like how strong your convictions are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
Like they say, you shouldn't talk about religion, politics, or money. Though I'm not sure what exactly they mean by "money".
Probably the borrowing or lending thereof. Mixing business with friendship can be awkward and even dangerous. One of the best recent Family Guy episodes dealt with this -- Brian had apparently borrowed some money from Stewie, and when he couldn't return it, things got a little tense (read: shooting off kneecaps).

The version I've heard, however, is "religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin."

Mav: Actually, most of that thread was exactly what I was going for: a civil political debate. The real problem was that some members objected to its very existence.

And dear Lord, get another source of political news. Watching only the Daily Show is like getting all your entertainment news from Triumph the Insult Dog.

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction