View Single Post
Old 11-09-2003, 06:44 AM
Annoy, tiny blonde one! Annoy like the wind!
Former Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Kira Send a message via MSN to Kira Send a message via Yahoo to Kira

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0="Nan"]I agree about the reset button, but often the best episodes happen because the writers know that they can kill everyone without consequences.[/quoteost_uid0]
That's a good point. Â If the writers are going to use a reset button, they're more likely to take risks with the storytelling and the characters. Â It's a shame they don't do that often without the reset button.

As for short-term memory, the definition from my Psych 110 book is "an immediate memory for stimuli that have just been perceived. It is limited in terms of both capacity (7 +/- 2 chunks of information) and duration (less than 20 seconds)." The chapter also has a case study of a guy with a long-term memory disorder who is re-introduced to the same man in the span of a few minutes with no memory of who he is.

However, I still maintain that this slip-up is acceptable in light of the fantastic storytelling. :bigsmile:[/colorost_uid0]