View Single Post
Old 02-08-2020, 06:00 PM
The moron they built to make you an idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the Great View Post
Data will say that this is a satellite with a deteriorating orbit. Therefore this is a moon, not an asteroid.
Remind yourself again what the two moons of Mars are, and you'll see the need to specify.

Quote:
Furthermore, the audience wasn't asking this question, so this exchange doesn't need to exist.
Uh... you just justified the need for the exchange.

Quote:
I find that either the biggest joke ever or extremely depressing. Aren't there other species between human and Q in power that would actually be friends with Q?
It's probably more that he finds them amusing, and this was more amusing than anything else.

Quote:
And that sort of thing wouldn't be detected by planetary or ship's sensors...why?
It doesn't really matter, mostly because by the deadline the people on the planet won't even be matter anymore. (Yeah, I know, that's not how it works, but the Men in Black reference was just too good.)

Quote:
Even so...ten chocolate sundaes? That's a bit much.
They went to McDonald's. Those things are tiny.

Quote:
Come to think of it, wouldn't Guinan's extra senses twig to the fact that he's human? Wouldn't Q's aura look very different now?
Don't question Guinan's testing methods.

Quote:
Technically, androids are a subset of robots. I understand why Data wouldn't want to be referred to in terms that place him closer to toasters than people, but he could've put it better.
He's technically correct.

Quote:
You mean groups with lesser beings. The rest of the Continuum doesn't seem to have a problem working in a group, even during a civil war.
You mentioning this and pointing out this line makes it seem like this is a precursor to the Continuum civil war in Voyager, considering this experience introduces him into working with lesser species to come to a goal.

Then again, the writers probably weren't thinking that and were trying to rely on Rule of Funny way too much with this episode.

Quote:
Q: Where's the main shuttlebay?
COMPUTER: Main shuttlebay is located on deck four.

This is correct. Must be a fluke.
The writer checked the map.