View Single Post
Old 09-16-2003, 09:03 PM
Annoy, tiny blonde one! Annoy like the wind!
Former Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Kira Send a message via MSN to Kira Send a message via Yahoo to Kira

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0="Katy Jane"]It never occurred to me that the Jedi council wasnÂ’t the Xindi, but itÂ’s a good possibility.[/quoteost_uid0]
It's also a very cool possibility. Â However, the credits for "The Xindi" on StarTrek.com list 'Xindi humanoid' and 'Xindi reptilian' and 'Xindi sloth' so that's pretty much conclusive evidence that the council is in fact the Xindi. Â In which case, that entire sequence was dumb and pointless and it appears my defense of the episode was premature.

[quoteost_uid0]And it also explains one of my biggest gripes about the episode, how five species could are more closely related than humans and chimps look that completely different.[/quoteost_uid0]
Nobody says they're more closely related than chimps and us. (Considering we share over 99% of our DNA with chimps, that would be virtually impossible anyways.) If chimps were intelligent, we might say there are two species of Terrans. Calling them five species of Xindi is just Enterprise's way of throwing science at us and hoping we don't realize that all they mean is that there are five intelligent species that evolved from the same planet. [/colorost_uid0]