View Single Post
Old 03-30-2020, 03:19 PM
The moron they built to make you an idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the Great View Post
But you can't test genetic technology with drones; their entire biology has been altered to be the perfect cybernetic life form. Inject a drone with the Phage and the drone would quickly become so corrupted it would have to be destroyed. No useful medical research.
The Borg lost how many drones when they were experimenting with synthesizing Omega? They have trillions of drones, experimenting on the population of a contained cube would not be much of a loss.

There's also the question of why would the Collective deploy a virus like this. Sure, it could explain some of the adaptive properties of the sickness and the inability to cure it (until that Think Tank episode comes along, ugh), but I just can't see them coming up with a reason for it. It does not appear to be an efficient use of resources, nor a strategy the Collective has been observed using in the past.

With a time frame like two thousand years, that most likely predates the Borg Collective, or at the very least predates its ability to get to Vidiian space. Later, the Collective is only referenced to have a handful of systems 900 years prior to the current date ("Dragon's Teeth"), which would mean that their reach is not as far out as what would be, and implies they do not have transwarp capabilities yet, even at that point.