View Single Post
Old 11-30-2016, 10:56 PM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the Great View Post
So I'm watching a YouTube video and one person asks another something to the effect of "if you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be?"
Well, the --
Quote:
religious texts are off the table, only pure entertainment books.
Oh. Uh. Imagine asking that, except it's only one particular thing you can eat. It wouldn't necessarily be your favorite food, it'd have to be a food you like that provides all the nutrition you need. Same thing, books nourish the mind. If I want something funny, something serious, something that goes down easy, something thought-provoking, I can't change my decision.

If the question were about movies, I'd probably go with Close Encounters based on that logic. I don't know of any book that would fit such a criterion, so I guess I'd go with Fellowship of the Ring and hope that nobody notices it's technically a volume of two books. There's enough going on in there to keep me entertained over many rereads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the Great View Post
PNQ: Would it be cool to go the route that TAS took and replace Chekov with a new version of Arex? Would a fully CG alien on the bridge work?
They could go the CG route nowadays, it could be fun, but (still not having seen Beyond yet) I wouldn't expect them to do anything to justify the investment.

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs