View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 05:02 AM
You just activated his Trek card

I'm not really going to judge the "worthiness" of these fivers. After all, they're better than my Ocarina of Time fiver and that's "real." I'm just saying that they're not "official."

If you want to disperse old fanfics, that's what e-mail and PMs are for.

Daniel Jackson: Cameo! I can’t go with you because I have that whole bit with the Replicators this season, but take a look at this eight-cypher Gate Key.

Those aren't cyphers, those are glyphs (those symbols engraved on the Gate) or chevrons (those giant V-shaped things that clamp and unclamp the glyphs).

Weir: Obnoxious yet adorable scientific team!
McKay and Beckett: Check.

McKay adorable? That's just disturbing.

Sheppard: Canadian lies! We all know that Milo saved Atlantis from the Russians. Power was never a problem.
(awkward silence)
Weir: ...Major, this isn’t the Disney movie.
Sheppard: Sure it isn’t. Look, there’s Milo now.
Zelenka: Why are you pointing at me?

Okay, this one's cute. I was neither the first nor the last to notice the simularities between Stargate: SG-1 and Atlantis: The Lost Empire in general nor Daniel and Milo in particular. That doesn't mean that it can't be a good joke.

Station Commander’s Log: Oh, right, the log recorder is out of power. I’m just talking to this wall.

I would've added "This may be a sign of insanity" followed by the wall saying "ya think?" but that's much too obvious of a joke.

Lots of People: GOK!
Sheppard: Gok? Sounds Klingon.
Wraith: It’s a stand-in for GAK! we came up with for when somebody doesn’t really die, but is as good as dead, because they’re never getting any more screen time.

Cute Klingon joke, but I'm still adamant that anything short of death is Ack!

Sumner: GUK!
Sheppard: What the...?
Wraith: Don’t ask us.

This one's good, though.

Disclaimer: Atlantis (TM) is the intellectual property of Plato, Inc., (c) Several Hundred Years B.C.

Har har har.

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.