Thread: June 29
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2005, 09:31 AM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Default June 29

It's Day 15, so welcome to Week 3 of Cliffhanger Week! (Wait...)
    [*]First up is the conclusion of my TNG fiver: "Descent II" by me. By the way, I forgot to mention yesterday that both parts draw on past TNG fivers such as Marc's "I, Borg", Derek's "Brothers", and my "The Best of Both Worlds." You'll get more out of "Descent" if you reread them.[*]And let's not forget the Occupation Arc. Today we've got -- wait a sec. Where's the file? No, wait, here it is! It was hidden "Behind the Lines." This one is Derek's contribution to the arc, and the last of the seven (!) DS9 fivers he wrote for this event. (His S7 two-parter from the subsite anniversary earlier this month was transferred over from CW.)[*]I just realized I owe Marc and IJD an apology. I completely forgot that they both have several months on Kira in terms of official involvement with 5MV. I'm just in the habit of listing us in that order -- Zeke, Kira, Marc, IJD, Derek. Anyway, right day or wrong, here's Kira's First Fiver Retrospective, looking back on "Concerning Flight." (True story: In the first draft, Kira herself was the one thrown out the airlock in the last scene. I made her change it because I have a policy of saving "meta" stuff like author cameos for very special occasions. Little did I know that Kira's first fiver would eventually be a special occasion.)[/list]

Be here tomorrow for Day 16 or I'll put a hex on you.

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction