View Single Post
Old 06-09-2008, 11:46 AM
whathistitleis

Send a message via MSN to whoiam

Noting what seems to be a certain mild reproof in Zeke's post, I'd like to clarify a point here: My personal opinion on RTD isn't along the lines of "Hate...hate...HATE!" or anything. But I'm not blind to the fact that for all the good he may do as an executive producer, the standout episodes in the new series are typically *not* the ones written by him.

To that end, I'm actually looking forwards to the Head Writer role being passed on to someone whose own efforts have been rather stronger.

Now on the subject of executive producer I'm a little less enthusiastic - partly because I have few complaints about the production of Doctor Who and partly out of the fear that the added responsibility might prevent Steven Moffat from writing as well as he has done so far. This is why I only stated the first and last episodes to be well-written - I have no idea how Moffat will do managing the other writers, so his ascension to a higher level of employment may result in the series switching from (typically) weak at either end to (typically) weak in the middle.

Still, I'm not actually thinking I'll miss RTD - the old series survived several changes in production staff, I suspect the new series will as well. After all, with the ratings it has been getting in the UK, it can probably survive having an off season whilst Moffat gets used to the job.

Vote Morphine - the party for Not Crushing Opium!

Yoda, to his ice-cream: The sauce is upon you, and soon, sprinkles must fall!