View Single Post
Old 07-23-2003, 02:40 PM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

[quoteost_uid0="Nan"][color=#000000ost_uid0]Actually, I wasn't mentioning Braga because of Nemesis, but recent Trek in general.[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]My mistake -- I think it's understandable, though, since you said that "quote" answered the bulk of Sa'ar's questions.

[quoteost_uid0]Berman, however, being the exec, also tends not to mind "fudging" things.[/quoteost_uid0]

We probably shouldn't get into the [iost_uid0]Enterprise[/iost_uid0] continuity debate. Could get messy.

[quoteost_uid0]I suppose I could have made comments about the "scientific advisor", but that's already been done by one of the former staff on the show.[/quoteost_uid0]

What scares me is that one of the current staff on the show used to [iost_uid0]be[/iost_uid0] science advisor -- a title that should have been revoked the moment he submitted "Demon."

[quoteost_uid0]And I have forgotten the rules of film hierarchy, but the executive producer is the one who naysays or okays the script, at least in television (which is where the complaint is directed). Plus, "producer" is often used as a title for someone who is just a senior writer.[/quoteost_uid0]

Oh, I'm not saying RB has no responsibility for script problems. I just find it odd that almost no one seems to give Logan any responsibility for them.

Sorry to be so harsh with you, Nan -- you were just the one who happened to hit one of my Trek hot buttons this time. And to prove I'm not a humourless basher-basher, let it be known far and wide that I found this Trek BBS post hilarious.

YABB?[/colorost_uid0]

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction