View Single Post
Old 03-08-2004, 01:53 PM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0="Zeke"]"Eighter"... does the average Trek novel take 96 minutes to read?[/quoteost_uid0]
Well, it certainly depends on

[*]The length of the novel ([iost_uid0]The Great Starship Race[/iost_uid0], which I'm fairly sure I took over an hour and a half to reread yesterday, is just over 300 pages long. The others I glanced at, including [iost_uid0]Here There Be Dragons[/iost_uid0] and [iost_uid0]Infiltrator[/iost_uid0], are right about 275 pages)[*]The content and style of the novel[*]Whether I feel like skimming through or savoring the experience[/list]
    I would guess that it usually takes me at least an hour to read a Trek novel that I haven't read yet. But I have no accurate idea really.

[quoteost_uid0="Katy Jane"]Book "eighter", clever [/quoteost_uid0]
    Not really. I was going to call it a "fiver", but on scanning down the column it seemed rather too long to be referred to as such. [/colorost_uid0]

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs