View Single Post
Old 09-22-2005, 11:52 PM
He'd enjoy a third pie

Send a message via ICQ to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via AIM to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via Yahoo to PointyHairedJedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeste
If you're looking for other science fiction books to read, WE and Brave new world are supposidly very good as well. I'll be reading them next. (Gotta love a class where you get to read Science Fiction books, eh?)
"WE"? Brave New World is very good though - I suspect you'll enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Valium
Lungbarrow, The Sands Of Time and The Well-Mannered War are all very good DW books, which are available in e-book format on the Beeb webpage. Other good DW books are Matrix, The Face Of The Enemy, and The Tomorrow Windows.
I just finished Tomorrow Windows not long ago. Quite good. The one I'm reading at the moment (Anachrophobia) is by the same author I believe. I'm also idly reading The Dying Days in my spare moments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickZer0
Also, Digital Fortress by the same person who wrote The DaVinci Code (I can't remember the author's name.)
Dan Brown. I don't think I like his style of writing very much. He's not a bad writer, he just can't seem to manage nuance very well, let alone strong characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardson
Well...
the Pern seies by Anne McCaffery
I don't like her fantasy stuff so much. She 's written some okay SF though.
- Five Minute 24 S1 (it lives, honest!)

"Everybody loves pie!"
- Spongebob Squarepants