View Single Post
Old 12-13-2021, 03:43 PM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

Quote:
November 4th, "Unification Part 1"

Fiver by IJD GAF (Hey Zeke, why didn't he write a fiver for Part 2 at the same time?)
[...]

For that matter, where are these intelligence reports coming from? Does Starfleet maintain a network of spies on Romulus?
They'd be nuts not to.

Quote:
PERRIN: Between Spock and his father. They had argued for years. That was family. But when the debates over the Cardassian war began, he attacked Sarek's position publicly. He showed no loyalty to his father.

You gotta wonder what they were fighting about. I can't help but wonder what positions they took on the Occupation.
Could be Sarek wanted a calm, careful, 100% diplomatic approach from the entire Diplomatic Corps while Spock wanted cowboy diplomacy. Could be they had different ideas of Cardassian psychology and how to deal with it. Could be they were being stubborn Vulcans who agreed on 99.9% of the approach but went to war over whether decaf raktajino should be served at the peace negotiations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the Great View Post
Sarek: ?"pardeK" ekil ,sdrow esnesnon emos tuoba woH .sdrawkcab gniklat fo tibah eht pu nekat ev'I ,snacluV enasni tsom htiw sA

"As with most insane Vulcans, I've taken up the habit of talking backwards. How about some nonsense words, like Kedrar?"

Is there another fiver with a backwards talking insane Vulcan?
Endgame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the Great View Post
November 11th, 1991, "Unification Part Two"

[...]

PICARD: I was with him before coming here. He expressed his pride in you. His love.
SPOCK: Emotional disarray was a symptom of the illness from which he suffered.
PICARD: No, those feelings came from his heart, Spock. He shared them with me. I know.
SPOCK: Sarek would no more approve my coming here than you do, Picard.

Spock seems to be confusing Sarek's general opinion of him with his specific opinion of this one mission. The two aren't remotely the same.
Considering that Sarek's expressed opinion of Spock was tied in with his opinion of Spock joining Starfleet, and then their public difference over Cardassia was enough to constitute a personal betrayal, and the old trope of a father withholding love from his son over his son's choices in life, the two doubtless seem the same to Spock.

Quote:
Actually, it was Pardek himself that informed Spock of this, at Khitomer. Which is weird, because even though everything is chess with the Romulans, do they really routinely start plans that will take decades to reach fruition?
They presumably live long enough that they might.

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs