View Single Post
Old 03-17-2023, 03:55 PM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the Great View Post
[Odo] has a couple of Bajoran deputies.

Really? I'd imagine the station would need a couple dozen Bajoran deputies even before you throw Starfleet Security into the mix.
I'd imagine 400 crewmembers would need more medics than one doctor and one nurse plus one guy who just shows up to slap the Vulcan silly. Trek is not good with practical numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the Great View Post
January 3rd, 1993, "Emissary"
SISKO: Major, when I was ordered here, I requested a Bajoran national as my first officer.

You had to request that? The Bajorans wouldn't insist on one of their own in this position, just like the Vulcans and T'Pol?
His commanding officer might have told him that he could have an Academy-trained Starfleet first officer if he felt uneasy about a Bajoran in the position, to which Sisko would be the classy soldier and say no, sir, in fact I want a Bajoran.

Quote:
QUARK: Commander, I've made a career out of knowing when to leave, and this Bajoran provisional government is far too provisional for my taste. And when governments fall, people like me are lined up and shot.

Why? Quark has nothing to do with the Provisional Government. Furthermore, even if the Provisional Government collapses odds are it will be a military faction who takes command of the station without violence. The worst they would do is evict him from the sector.
Ah, you're using logic again. Violent revolutions tend not to run on any logic more concrete than "if we can scapegoat somebody we will".

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs