View Single Post
Old 01-01-2007, 05:32 AM
You just activated his Trek card

I also prefer meganovels. They tend to be written by major Trek authors that know the universe and the fans inside out. They have the time and space to do a Trek story right and indulge the fan both inside themselves and in us. It's just that every single one would take umpteen episodes. Every single one. Take Mosaic. Now whatever your feelings on its canon status, you'd have to agree that it'd be at least five episodes: child/preteen Janeway, teenager Janeway, Cadet Janeway, Lieutenant Janeway (the deaths of her father and fiancee along with the subsequent mourning), and early Captain Janeway (meeting Tuvok and so on). There's just too much. All of the other meganovels are the same.

Okay, fine, so the Q Continuum trilogy paints a more canon-friendly version of Q that fits in better with the rest of the Expanded Universe, but I still like Q-Squared. I also like Federation, which has been so completely debunked by later series (including First Contact) that it's not even remotely applicable anymore.

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.