Thread: May 6
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2006, 11:57 AM
Dean of misderektion
Senior Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sa'ar Chasm
Shouldn't he get eaten by a bear at this point?
Good call. I was wondering how many people would get that.

Quote:
Quote:
Lois: So let me give you some advice on relationships. It's like money. You save it up to buy a bicycle, but when the time comes, you find out you have enough to buy a harlot.
*blink*
In the actual episode she says "Harley."

Quote:
Go go Futurama reference! I think.
Impressive if true. It wasn't deliberate.

Quote:
Quote:
Lionel: Aaaah! Somebody saaaaaave me!
Clark: Sigh. I'll save you.
Lionel: Not well. I think this scene has the same physics problems that the Kirk-Spock mountain-climbing scene from Star Trek V did.
Care to elaborate? I love bad physics in the same way you love bad Superman-coming-of-age shows.
Basically this elevator (containing Lionel and Ma Kent) plunges from 16 stories up and at the very bottom of the shaft, Clark rushes in and catches the elevator before it crashes into the ground. However, it essentially hit Clark in the same way it would have hit the ground, so the destruction of the elevator should have happened the same way. Even with Clark bending his arms to try to slow down the elevator gradually, I don't think he had enough space to really have saaaaaaved the elevator. (I could be wrong, but I don't think so.)

I seem to recall this is very much like the problem with the "Kirk falling off the mountain, Spock saving him just above the ground with anit-grav boots" scene.

Oh, and Zeke, thanks for the (tm) to ™ conversion.