View Single Post
Old 06-21-2003, 08:47 PM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Thank you. But as I said, I think we could pick and choose which lines we wanted (assuming we want any). Also, Tank's spiel about the Matrix could use a little shortening. If anyone knows any quotations from Trek we could "borrow" for the purpose, feel free to suggest them.

This would probably be my own preference at the moment:

[quoteost_uid0]Tank: Today we're gonna teach you karate, Neo--
Neo: Sweet!
Tank: --Then we'll teach you judo, kick-boxing, kung fu, jiu-jitsu--
Neo: Why so many different martial arts?
Tank: The Matrix Collective is like the Borg, Neo. You can only kill a few agents before the rest adapt, forcing you to adopt a different strategy.
Neo: And you're teaching me how many different styles of fighting again? How many agents am I going to be facing at any one time?
Tank: Possibly as many as a few dozen. Think you can handle it?
Neo: Ha, of course! But the way you were going, I thought I might have to fight a hundred or more at once. No way I could win a fight like that![/quoteost_uid0]

This could be a different way of trimming it:

[quoteost_uid0]Tank: Today we're gonna teach you kung fu fighting, Neo.
Neo: I remember that fad from a few years back. It seemed like I just turned around and suddenly, fast as lightning, [iost_uid0]everybody[/iost_uid0] was into that...
Tank: ...Then we'll teach you judo, kick-boxing, karate--
Neo: Why so many different fighting styles?
Tank: The Matrix Collective is incredibly advanced, Neo. Matrix agents have the ability to quickly adapt to almost any method of attack. You 'll only be able to kill a few with one tactic before the rest adapt, so you'll have to change phaser frequencies repeatedly--
Neo: Um, aren't you thinking of the Borg?[/quoteost_uid0]

Or we could use the first joke from that second trimmed version, and segue into Neo's version:
[quoteost_uid0]Tank: Today we're gonna teach you kung fu fighting, Neo.
Neo: I remember that fad from a few years back. It seemed like I just turned around and suddenly, fast as lightning, [iost_uid0]everybody[/iost_uid0] was into that...
Tank: ...Then we'll teach you judo, kick-boxing, karate--but enough talk. Let's get started.
*first download*
Neo: Wow, she was hot. I want more!
Tank: Oops, that was the program for the woman in the red dress.
Neo: What dress?[/quoteost_uid0][/colorost_uid0]

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs