View Single Post
Old 06-21-2003, 06:38 PM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

[color=#000000ost_uid0] This is what comes of trying to five a movie you've never seen, bit by bit. I've only just realized we could have been inserting various references to "The Last Starfighter" in here...

This scene could probably be trimmed several different ways.

[quoteost_uid0]Tank: Today we're gonna teach you karate, Neo--
Neo: Sweet!
Tank: --and after that you'll learn kung fu fighting.
Neo: I remember that fad from a few years back. It seemed like I just turned around and suddenly, fast as lightning, [iost_uid0]everyone[/iost_uid0] was into that...
Tank: ...Then we'll teach you judo, and kick-boxing, and--
Neo: Why so many different fighting styles?
Tank: The Matrix Collective is incredibly advanced, Neo. Matrix agents have the ability to quickly adapt to almost any method of attack. You might get the first few with your first tactic, but the rest will be impervious to your attacks, and you'll have to be able to rapidly change your phaser frequencies--
Neo: Wait, aren't you thinking of the Borg? And you're teaching me [iost_uid0]how[/iost_uid0] many different ways to fight again? How many agents am I going to be facing at once?
Tank: Possibly as many as a few dozen. Think you can handle it?
Neo: Ha, of course! But the way you were going, I thought I might have to fight a hundred or more at the same time. No way I could win a fight like that![/quoteost_uid0][/colorost_uid0]

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs