View Single Post
Old 06-20-2003, 10:09 PM
Last of the ko fighters

[color=#000000ost_uid0]No, that doesn't sound right. I found a small summary of the book, here's the part I mean:

[quoteost_uid0]They are on there way back to Hogwarts and suddenly Lupin gets in front of the full moon and begins to change into a werewolf as he’s forgotten to take his potion. Pettigrew changes and escapes before Harry can stop him. They go to get help but they see Sirius with the Dementors coming towards him. They close in around Harry, Hermione and Sirius getting ready to perform the kiss. Harry tries his patronus but then a Dementor goes to give Harry the kiss as well and before he faints something is driving the Dementors away and he thinks he sees his dad going back across the lake.

Harry wakes up in the hospital wing. Snape has handed over Sirius and the Dementors will be going for him. Harry and Hermione insist he’s innocent but Snape has them all convinced apart from Dumbledore. He has a word with Harry and Hermione in private and tells Hermione that 3 turns should do it so that 2 lives will be saved that night. Hermione knows what he is on about, all year she has been using a time turner to travel back in time so she can do all of her lessons.

They travel back in time and first save Buckbeak from execution. They hide him and wait until Sirius is locked in the tower. Harry though has to see if it was his dad who rescued him, it wasn't it was his future self. They save Sirius from the tower and he flies off with Buckbeak. They manage to get back to the hospital wing just in time for Dumbledore to lock them in. Snape is furious that Black has escaped and blames Harry but he's been locked up all the time.[/quoteost_uid0]

Hm.. I guess this is still hard to understand without having read the entire book...

The fact is, the dementors would have killed him if his future self didn't summon a patronus to stop them.

I'm going to buy Harry Potter 5, by the way. [/colorost_uid0]