View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 02:08 PM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoMatrix
Didn't catalina_marina have that member title?
Possibly. Celeste got tired of it after a couple of years and I didn't want the in-joke to die, so I might have given that title to Cat for a while. Regardless, the "sea cats" one is her classic member title, and she even redesigned her avatar to go with it.

(You may be thinking of the time I changed Cel's title to "Cuter than Cat" and waited for the fireworks.)

Derek is quite right about the avatar. Celeste's title would never have lasted as long as it did if she hadn't switched to a dog. I didn't notice at first, but Owen pointed it out to me in a message I remember right down to the wording: "Celeste's new avatar + her old member title = COMEDY GOLD". e, picture this avatar with the message "Cuter than this cat" and you'll see why I never tried to improve on it.

Eventually Celeste missed being part of the member-title insanity (a trademark of this forum), so I gave her something else. Not long afterwards all the member titles were lost in a failed mod attempt. I'll reinstall them when I can. (It won't be till I have my home connection working again, though. See my post in News.)

Gatac wins post of the week.

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction