Old 09-10-2005, 06:32 PM
Our last, best hope for peace
Staff

Quote:
The Life Of A Starfleet Security Officer (abridged edition) by Tasha Yar
Ouch. *g*

Quote:
Now You Can Read My Feelings For A Change by Deanna Troi
Must maintain decorum...resist urge to make dirty comment...

Quote:
The Woman Inside The Doctor Behind The Hypospray by Beverly Crusher
No wonder she always seems so removed.

Quote:
Picard: We've arrived, Number One. Get an away team down there.
Riker: Aye, sir. Everybody whose name doesn't rhyme with "beta," you're with me.
Data: May I employ Dr. Pulaski's preferred pronunciation in this --
Riker: Sit down, dead android walking.
*snicker*

Quote:
Geordi: Anyway, the point is we can't see these aliens without a phase discriminator. And none of the ones on the ship are sensitive enough....
Data: (over the comm) You are mistaken, Geordi. The one in my positronic net would suffice.
Riker: Whoa. I mean, just -- whoa. Could we even have made up a sillier reason for Data to have to beam down?
May the script be with you. Or against you, in this case.

Quote:
Bellboy: Oh, certain items, eh? You betcha. We're verrrrry accomodatin' here.
Data: Your left eye appears to be oscillating. Is this normal?
The best jokes are the ones where the characters are completely in character (redundantly). Nice job.

Quote:
Bellboy: OOF! Here's... your... anvil....
Data: Thank you. (lifts it easily)
Bellboy: Heyyy, that's impossible! I know what your real secret is now! The pale skin, the strength, the lack of a need for food... you're a vampire!
Data: -- Yes. I am known as Spiner, due to my fondness for impaling victims with porcupine spines.
Bellboy: That is so cool.
BAHAHAHAHAHA!

Quote:
Paperboy: Wuxtry, wuxtry! Read all about it!
You and your wuxtry.

Quote:
Samuel Clemens: And in conclusion, them uppity geocentrists need a hefty dose of secular cynicism.
Guinan: Well argued, Mr. Clemens. Someday you should try your hand against an opponent who's actually in the room.
Clemens: I have tried, Madam Goldberg, but such opponents tend to insist on getting a word in.
See previous character character comment. Also, the Goldberg was a nice touch.

Quote:
Isn't sarcasm part of the Klingon Religion?
Delusions of grandeur aside, I'm pretty sure I'm not worshipped on Q'on-oh, small s, my apologies.

There is a Klingon ritual that translates as the Sarcasm Before Death, which Worf mentions in Five Minute Best Of Both Worlds.

Quote:
tsk, tsk. Quoting Inspector Gadget.
I was actually getting Voltron vibes off that, or possibly some other Japanese-inspired cartoon about giant robots.

Good stuff, all.