Thread: Blank thread
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2004, 02:24 AM
Infinitely prolonged

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0="Derek"]I'm no legal expert either, especially not on Canadian law, but according to the US copyright law, 5MV doesn't need permission since it is a parody. That's why, though Paramount could theoretically shut down every fanfic site, it couldn't shut down 5MV.[/quoteost_uid0]
Wow, that's nice.

By the way, I found the article I was talking about (not that it makes much difference). PC Magazine reccomends iUniverse for self-publishing.

[quoteost_uid0]There are alternatives, though -- and if you guys are interested in 5MV merchandise, I'll make checking them out a higher priority. Â Just keep in mind that I can't use copyrighted material on anything I sell. Â The clock logo is okay, for example, but not the 5s with ships on top. Â If there's interest, I'll start a thread for talking about what items you guys would want, and what you'd want on them.[/quoteost_uid0]

That'd be nice. As a website, no matter how great it is and no matter how deeply I'm involved in it, 5MV still seems like something 'out there'. A book or even a T-shirt with the 5MV logo would seem to validate 5MV's existance. That's my thought anyway. [/colorost_uid0]

Candace: (gasp) The square root of 'soon' is 'never'!

The Doctor: It was all in the job title: Head of human resources.
Lance: This time, it's personnel.

To God be the glory. ><>