Thread: December 24
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2004, 10:35 PM
Wigging out

Send a message via ICQ to Nic Corelli

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I speak Croatian and English, plus I can understand a lot of Spanish and Slovenian (since it`s a neighbouring country... Slovenia, that is). German and Latin I can understand to some point, until they become too complicated. Thanks to bad school system combined with my laziness, German is wasted on me. (oh, and also because I always disliked that language A LOT.)

Since they are quite similar to Spanish, I know some phrases from Italian and French... Â And thanks to my cellphone, I know that "Sanoma lahetety" means "Message sent" in Finnish,

In few weeks I`m starting to study Norwegian on my college, along with History. And next year I`m planning to take Swedish too. I always thought that Norwegian is very similar to German, but then I found out it`s not at all - it`s actually extremely similar to English, with even less complicated grammar! So I was thrilled, of course, [/colorost_uid0]

~A Game of Thrones, book one of Song of Ice and Fire