View Single Post
Old 11-12-2003, 02:57 PM
Surfin' you say?

Send a message via ICQ to catalina_marina Send a message via AIM to catalina_marina Send a message via MSN to catalina_marina Send a message via Yahoo to catalina_marina

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Alright then, let's just start at the top.

A) Didn't you see how much trouble he had fighting Smith? Or trouble... Smith was a good match anyway. Why? Because he used the Oracle's power, so he knew what Neo was going to do before he did.

B) My guess, because he was overwritten. Then again, so was the Oracle.

But was it really Smith who killed him? The Machines disconnected him from the Matrix, and aren't they supposed to go to one of those cell phones before they log out?

C) Hmm, you're right, that was Smith too... I don't have an answer for that one right now.

[quoteost_uid0]"the Main Computer sent a power surge through him"[/quoteost_uid0]
I can't seem to remember when exacly that was, though it was my first thought.

[quoteost_uid0]"Neo actually lost"[/quoteost_uid0]
Neo didn't loose. Maybe he died, but I think he sacraficed himself to achieve a greater goal. Peace.

[quoteost_uid0]"the Oracle did it."[/quoteost_uid0]
The Oracle wasn't really in control, do you think?

[quoteost_uid0]"Why do you want to go to the Machine City."[/quoteost_uid0]
He didn't answer that question to anyone, because he probably didn't know back then. Or he did but he knew he was going to die and didn't want anyone to stop him. However, if you've watched the end, it seems pretty clear to me why he went. He went for two reasons.
1. To kill Smith, and
2. To save Zion. I don't know if he really [iost_uid0]needed[/iost_uid0] to go to Machine City to kill Smith, but he first had to cut a deal with the Machines to get peace.

[quoteost_uid0]NO mystery or paranoia[/quoteost_uid0]
If there was no mystery, then why do you have so many unanswered questions? You want mystery, yet you want all the answers to your questions presented on a silver platter. Something doesn't fit here.

[quoteost_uid0]and style was turned mainly towards drawn-out SFX battles and stuff blowing up.[/quoteost_uid0]
True, but those were particularly good, don't you think?

And btw, Neo didn't give up. It was an act. The fight scene and the part where Neo stops was just a clever plan to make Smith believe he could take him over now. Maybe Keanu Reeves can't act, Neo [iost_uid0]can[/iost_uid0]. Maybe he's this dumb kid in the original movie, he has become a superhero now, and we can't have dumb superhero's, can we.[/colorost_uid0]

I'm not the devil, I just work for her.

What spoon? There is no spoon. According to Zeke, it's a cat. ~NeoMatrix

"Apparently we're on the wrong side. Or the right side if you like winning." ~Spike

Sa'ar Chasm: Too far south you hit Belgium.
catalina marina: Not in Limburg you don't.
Sa'ar Chasm: You do if you go south in the right way.