The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   News (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   May 24 (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=434)

Zeke 05-25-2004 03:00 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]

Enterprise Week lives! Here's Five-Minute "Proving Ground," in which my Season 1 habit of introducing my own subplots really starts to reassert itself....[/color:post_uid0]

Scooter 05-25-2004 04:20 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]YAY! The return of the terrifying Aibo -- Latin humor -- and a Dr Who reference! Wheee!

[quote:post_uid0]Dolim: (over the comm) Test the weapon NOW! NOW! NO--
Degra: All right already. Keep your pants on.
Degra's First Officer: Sir! There's a ship approaching!
Degra: Shoot. Halt the weapon test and tell Dolim he can take his pants off after all.

Shran: Greetings! I'm from the Andorian National Kremlin of Lodestone Extracters.
Degra: (over the comm) You're the man from A.N.K.L.E.?
[/quote:post_uid0]

hahahahahahaha :D

ETA: Is there going to be a YOINK in every fiver now? :D[/color:post_uid0]

mudshark 05-25-2004 06:31 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Reed: Hey, someone just pulled us out of the field with a tractor beam. Why isn't my counter-tractor-beam beam working?
[b:post_uid0][ ... ][/b:post_uid0]
Shran: To answer your question, we have a counter-counter-tractor-beam-beam beam. [/quote:post_uid0]Were you watching [i:post_uid0]Get Smart[/i:post_uid0] before you wrote this? :lol:
[quote:post_uid0]Archer: What's with the box of safety scissors?
T'Pol: They're for the Andorians. Surely we aren't letting them use real tools.
Archer: These are all left-handed.
T'Pol: Andorians are sinister. [/quote:post_uid0]Heheheh.
[quote:post_uid0]Shran: Greetings! I'm from the Andorian National Kremlin of Lodestone Extracters.
Degra: (over the comm) You're the man from A.N.K.L.E.? [/quote:post_uid0] :D
[quote:post_uid0]Talas: It's too bad I'm not staying longer. I could really improve the efficiency of your phase cannons.
Reed: With your amazing engineer's touch?
Talas: You'd better believe it. I could get those phase cannons pumping out so much energy they'd --
Phlox: (over the comm) Stop it! STOP IT! I didn't set you two up. You're not allowed to have sexual tension!
Reed: Didn't I rig your communicator to explode?
Phlox: I switched it with Mr. Mayweather's. [/quote:post_uid0]Hee hee hee.

Threatened antenna stapling. Travis 'n' Hoshi subplot. Angstroms and more. Five stars. Joe Bob says check it out. ;)[/color:post_uid0]

Gatac 05-25-2004 08:46 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Hehehehehehehehehe...*deep breath*...hehehehehehehehehe...

Gatac[/color:post_uid0]

Derek 05-25-2004 11:35 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Shran: Arrrgh. How hard can it be to find a human in a -- hey! Stack those on my desk.[/quote:post_uid0]
Heh. I like these sort of jokes.
[quote:post_uid0]Archer: These are all left-handed.
T'Pol: Andorians are sinister.[/quote:post_uid0]
Heh. I like these sort of jokes too.
[quote:post_uid0]Reed: No! Don't go. Just because I resent your interference doesn't mean I don't think you're hot.
Talas: All right, I'll stay. But treat me with respect.
Reed: Sure, baby, whatever you say.[/quote:post_uid0]
Nice one!
[quote:post_uid0]Archer: There's only one way to find out for sure. How good an actor are you?
Shran: You have [i:post_uid0]no[/i:post_uid0] idea.[/quote:post_uid0]
[quote:post_uid0]Archer: I've got it -- we'll steal it!
Shran: Why do you need to steal it if you've got it?[/quote:post_uid0]
[quote:post_uid0]Archer: I've been trying to remember what you use to repel vampires. It's Gralik! I'll have Chef put some in tonight's dinner.
T'Pol: I don't think I'll come to dinner tonight.[/quote:post_uid0]
[quote:post_uid0]T'Pol: I wasn't finished. "O bear up in the tree so high / why must you spit into the sky? / The eagles cry, 'Oh me, oh my!' / Three point one four one six is pi."[/quote:post_uid0]
Does a Vulcan Bear spit in the woods? :laugh:

That was really really hilarious! Great work, Zeke.[/color:post_uid0]

stripysox 05-25-2004 12:39 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]I think best fiver yet! :D[/color:post_uid0]

Wade, The Sane Commodore 05-25-2004 01:07 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Shran: Do you have a problem, pinkskin?
Archer: WE'RE NOT ALL FREAKIN' PINK!
[/quote:post_uid0]

Mayweather should have been the one to say this. Wait a minute, give Mayweather lines? No! Perish the thought! Great fiver. By the defination of week, I hope 'Enterprise Week' will yield four more new fivers.[/color:post_uid0]

Sa'ar Chasm 05-25-2004 01:10 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Were you watching Get Smart before you wrote this?[/quote:post_uid0]

I was thinking of Rocky and Bullwinkle with the anti-anti-missile-missile missile.

Hilarious, Zeke. It's banished all the lingering memories from Shrek 2 last night. Definitely worth a reread when I've forgotten all the jokes.[/color:post_uid0]

Hotaru 05-25-2004 02:22 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Mayweather: No more awkwardness about Phlox's stupid amnesia gas.[/quote:post_uid0]

Am I missing something here? shouldn't that be aphrodisiac? I'm confused. Oh well, it was really good! Good job, Zeke![/color:post_uid0]

mudshark 05-25-2004 04:06 PM

[quote:post_uid0="Sa'ar Chasm"][color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Were you watching Get Smart before you wrote this?[/quote:post_uid0]I was thinking of Rocky and Bullwinkle with the anti-anti-missile-missile missile.[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]That could work, too. They were writing from the same side of the brain.[/color:post_uid0]

Marc 05-25-2004 05:41 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Tucker: It would really help if we could borrow some of your advanced technology. For example, I hear you have a de-angster.
Shran: Indeed we do! It has a capacity of 400 angstroms.[/quote:post_uid0]

The probable winner of the pun-of-the-week award, unless Zeke has an even more outrageous one in the pipeline.[/color:post_uid0]

Zeke 05-25-2004 05:46 PM

[quote:post_uid0="Hotaru"][color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Mayweather: No more awkwardness about Phlox's stupid amnesia gas.[/quote:post_uid0]

Am I missing something here? shouldn't that be aphrodisiac?[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Yes. Also, the blurb refers to "Travis and Mayweather." I've fixed both on the Trek Nation copy, and I'll fix them on the 5MV copy when I get home.[/color:post_uid0]

admiral sab 05-25-2004 06:55 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]good choice, Marc.

Wait. I found another one. Unforgivable pun of the fiver...
[quote:post_uid0]Shran: Arrrgh. How hard can it be to find a human in a -- hey! Stack those on my desk.[/quote:post_uid0]

for shame. ;)[/color:post_uid0]

Zeke 05-25-2004 07:38 PM

[quote:post_uid0="Wade, The Sane Commodore"][color=#000000:post_uid0]By the definition of week, I hope 'Enterprise Week' will yield four more new fivers.[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Actually, I'm not sure [i:post_uid0]what[/i:post_uid0] the skrell ENT Week is going to yield now. I'm thinking I may try to continue it until I'm out of episodes (saving "Zero Hour" for last, of course). That would be another nine days, I think.

If I do that, I'll change the name to Enterprise "Week."[/color:post_uid0]

admiral sab 05-25-2004 07:40 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]I think that's a great idea, Zeke. 9 more? You can do it!

Sab[/color:post_uid0]

Michiel 05-25-2004 08:05 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Well, I think you shouldn't start rushing it now. Pretty much all of your fivers are great. Wouldn't want to gain speed at the cost of quality. :)[/color:post_uid0]

admiral sab 05-25-2004 08:29 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]That would be another nine days, I think.[/quote:post_uid0]

But, Michiel, in Zeke time nine days won't take away from quality. ;) The quality will be there...speed won't... :)

Sab, running off.[/color:post_uid0]

Michiel 05-25-2004 08:45 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Yes, yes. As long as he finishes them soon.

...[/color:post_uid0]

admiral sab 05-25-2004 09:25 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]:lol: True. :D[/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM 05-25-2004 09:53 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid5][quote:post_uid5]Shran: Arrrgh. How hard can it be to find a human in a -- hey! Stack those on my desk.
Talas: The sewing magazines?

Shran: To answer your question, we have a counter-counter-tractor-beam-beam beam.

Archer: These are all left-handed.
T'Pol: Andorians are sinister.

Tucker: It would really help if we could borrow some of your advanced technology. For example, I hear you have a de-angster.
Shran: Indeed we do! It has a capacity of 400 angstroms.

Degra: (over the comm) You're the man from A.N.K.L.E.?[/quote:post_uid5]
:lol:

[quote:post_uid5]Reed: Didn't I rig your communicator to explode?
Phlox: I switched it with Mr. Mayweather's.[/quote:post_uid5]
Bwahahaha! :D[/color:post_uid5]