The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   News (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   January 25 (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=955)

Zeke 01-26-2006 01:39 AM

January 25

Yes, you read that colour code correctly. Today is the first Five-Minute Andromeda update in more than 3 years!

Tarn-Vedra is one of the "youngest" members of the 5M.net community, but since his arrival in summer '04, he's definitely made his presence felt. In particular, he doubled our big-Andromeda-fan population (hi, Arzosah!). So it was no surprise when he asked to write a guest fiver for 5MA. He did, and it was great, but I held it back -- I figured this was the perfect opportunity to start working toward a relaunch of the subsite. Typically, I never got that moving... so Vedra has had to wait over a year to see this published.

Well, no more. For your reading enjoyment, here's "All Great Neptune's Ocean" -- the first of hopefully many fivers from Tarn-Vedra.

(Note on the macro-update, a.k.a. second community present: I swear to God it exists. Current ETA is Friday, since I have something time-sensitive for tomorrow.)

Vedra 01-26-2006 01:42 AM

Aww, shucks. T'weren't nothin'.

Vedra 01-26-2006 01:42 AM

Aww, shucks. T'weren't nothin'.

Derek 01-26-2006 01:46 AM

Quote:

Dylan: You killed President Lee? Bad idea, Tyr.
Tyr: But I didn't do it, it was the gun!
People don't kill people! Guns kill people!

Quote:

Holo-Tyr: Die, fishbrain!
Holo-President Lee: Blarg, I am dead!
Tyr: That's your reconstruction? I know how to assassinate people -- I could have done better.
Dylan: Try not to mention that in your trial.
Excellent! That really sounds just like Tyr. Great fiver all around.

I need to five some Andromeda at some point.

Zeke 01-26-2006 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek
People don't kill people! Guns kill people!

Great minds, eh?

Vedra 01-26-2006 01:50 AM

Oh, Zeke, you got my email wrong. You forgot the numbers.

e of pi 01-26-2006 04:15 AM

Er, consider the count uped by 50%. And it's one of the thirteen episodes I cought on SciFi that had me retching in the toilet at vitle molments of the opening show, such that I missed about the first fifteen minutes! Pardon my L33t, but w00t!

Xeroc 01-26-2006 05:00 AM

Great Fiver! :D

Vedra 01-26-2006 06:09 AM

Thanks, Xeroc, and Derek. I don't understand what you're talking about, e of pi. What count?

Zeke 01-26-2006 06:35 AM

I believe he means the number of DROM fans here. Incidentally, something Vedra knows but the rest of you don't is that I've caught up on Seasons 3 and 4 of DROM in syndication, and I've decided I wrote them off too quickly at the time. There's a lot of good stuff in there. I'll be looking to expand 5MA's content -- we've got three whole seasons we haven't even touched yet.

Kristina 01-26-2006 08:00 AM

All of it... just all of it. Good work, Tarn-Vedra!

I want to see more 5MA, too, so I think it's safe to say up the count by 33 %. Or if I can't be a true fan while enjoying the rest of the series fived here, I suppose something like 15 to 20 %.

Vedra 01-26-2006 09:05 AM

Since nobody cares about it, maybe I can finagle my way into being 5MA site head, then I can write all the fivers I want! Convincing Zeke would be the hard part.

e of pi 01-26-2006 09:58 PM

The annoying poster from Indiana seconds the motion. By parlimentary procedure, the matter is now open to debate.

Zeke 01-26-2006 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarn-Vedra
Since nobody cares about it, maybe I can finagle my way into being 5MA site head, then I can write all the fivers I want! Convincing Zeke would be the hard part.

Nice try, Ved, but several times now we've talked about you doing more fivers, and every time I'm all for it. You've had a loooong time to write "all the fivers you want." This is one you can't pin on me. :)

As for the section head idea, I've wondered before if we might get to that point eventually. You'd need more experience first, though. And the standard section head "portfolio" (one fiver from each season).

Vedra 01-26-2006 11:04 PM

I didn't write anymore fivers because you waited OVER A YEAR to post my first one. That kind of put a damper on my desire to do more. Now that you finally got it up, I wanna do more.

Vedra 01-26-2006 11:05 PM

And I missed your IM, but I do still want to do CSI fivers.

e of pi 01-26-2006 11:06 PM

Hmmm. Motion to table indefinately?

Vedra 01-26-2006 11:31 PM

No, I'm sure Zeke and I will discuss this more.

SCMoll 01-27-2006 01:09 AM

I'm an Andromeda fan too! Well, of the first 1.5 seasons.

I enjoyed the fiver, especially:
Quote:

Beka: It's pink.
Rommie: Exactly.
Beka: And has a triangle pattern.
Rommie: Uh huh.
Beka: Are you implying something?
Rommie: Why, of course not! Ooh, do you like plaid?
and
Quote:

Evil Chancellor: It is with great sadness that I accept the position as president of Castalia. I hope the tragic death of my predecessor will not bring an attack on the Andromeda Ascendant, which just happens to be stationed at the following coordinates....
:lol: (The lol smilie looks like he has a facial tic.)

SCMoll 01-27-2006 01:10 AM

I'm an Andromeda fan too! Well, of the first 1.5 seasons.

I enjoyed the fiver, especially:
Quote:

Beka: It's pink.
Rommie: Exactly.
Beka: And has a triangle pattern.
Rommie: Uh huh.
Beka: Are you implying something?
Rommie: Why, of course not! Ooh, do you like plaid?
and
Quote:

Evil Chancellor: It is with great sadness that I accept the position as president of Castalia. I hope the tragic death of my predecessor will not bring an attack on the Andromeda Ascendant, which just happens to be stationed at the following coordinates....
:lol: (The lol smilie looks like he has a facial tic.)