The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   News (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   September 19 (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=535)

Zeke 09-20-2004 12:51 PM

September 19

Arrrr! Ahoy there, me hearties. I be havin' some explainin' to do, but afore I be startin', ye be hereby informed that today be International Talk Like a Pirate Day. Accordin'ly, we be celebratin' with a Top 10 list. Here she blows: <a href="../top10/47.html">The Top 10 Ways Enterprise Be Different on Talk Like a Pirate Day</a>.

Now then, the explainin'. First, I be needin' to apoleegize for missin' the last two updates. Me schedule's been a wee bit off this week. Resultin'ly, the plans for this month be changin' a tad. The event I been blabbin' about this past fortnight be goin' to be postponed till this comin' weekend. Whyfore? Because I be no longer havin' time to get it out of the way afore me first mate Kira's big event this week.

Aha! Ye didn't know Kira had a big event this week! Well, she do, and she be takin' over the updates now so as she can be presentin' it. Like T' Two Towers, this be an event LONG in the makin', and ye'd best not miss it. Not merely because it be a rollickin' good event (I kin vouch fer that, havin' read the booty under discussion), but fer other reasons relatin' to your continued healt' an' prosperity, if ye be gettin' me meanin'. (fingers cutlass)

As fer me, I'll be seein' ye swabs on Saturday, an' I plan on havin' a thing or two t' show for me absence. Till then, fare thee well, an' may the Fore (an' the Aft) be with ye....

Derek 09-20-2004 02:25 PM

Congrats on list #47, Zeke!

Er, I mean:
Ye be havin' my congrats on yer 47th list. Arrrr...

evay 09-20-2004 04:23 PM

Arrr! I can't believe ya be postin' list forrrty-seven without it bein' a joke about the infamy of the magic numberrrr! Those "events" ya spoke of better be good, laddie, or ye'll be takin' a long walk off a short plank! :twisted: (don't we have an emoticon with an eyepatch for the occasion?)

in all semi-seriousness, funny list. :mrgreen:

Zeke 09-20-2004 04:31 PM

Yarrr, I were knowin' it be list twoscore an' seven, an' if I'd a' had the time, I'd a' thought up some special list fer that sole purpose alone. But notice were short; I weren't havin' the opportunity. Mayhaps somethin' fer number 50.

Of course, ye can bet yer barnacles that TJI number 47 be goin' to be an extravaganzee worthy o' Barbecue hisself....

NAHTMMM 09-20-2004 05:39 PM

Quote:

Rather than stun and kill, the crew have to be careful not to confuse the two ends of their cutlasses

Tucker keeps giving Phlox the Black Spot

The crew take orders from Cap'n Arrrrrrcher
Haharrharr! Yarr, that be a fine list Cap'n, an' no mistake! :D

Chancellor Valium 09-20-2004 06:44 PM

Yarr! Shiver me timbers, it be funny, ye scallywag!

Wowbagger 09-20-2004 09:17 PM

Yarr! It be the day affter Talk Li' a Pirate Day!

So I'm done now, not least because I don't want to kill the joke, as I so often do. Zeke, most amusing. Lookin' forwar' (ack! Can't stop!) to the big event this weeken'.

mudshark 09-20-2004 09:41 PM

Quote:

6. Phlox's hat doesn't look all that out of place
Yaar, but purple? :D
Quote:

2. Tucker keeps giving Phlox the Black Spot
So, I'm supposin' that be a phloxy false name that doctor's been usin' all along? ;)
Quote:

DISCLAIMER: This disclaimer has been commandeered. Yarr.
:mrgreen:

Xeroc 09-20-2004 10:23 PM

Arrrr' http://www.truthtree.com/smiley/pirate.gif Here be ye pirate smiley!

Yarrr'! A mighty exceln't list that thar one be! Two cutlasses up!

Celeste 09-21-2004 03:20 AM

Arrrr... I wish I be better able tah speak therr Priate tongue. Ahoy ye scurvy dogs and congrats on ye 47th.

Nate the Great 09-19-2015 05:22 PM

Now that I'm making this post eleven years since the last one, does this make the thread about International Talk Like A Pirate Zombie Day?

I be commandeering your brains, arrr!

Zeke 09-20-2015 09:52 PM

PIRATE ZOMBIES!

ZOMBIE PIRATES!

So much potential! I never considered this! 5MZP! 5MPZ! Oh man!

Nate, you are personally responsible for the next several April Fool's events. Congratulations!

Flying Gremlin 09-21-2015 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 80331)
PIRATE ZOMBIES!

ZOMBIE PIRATES!

What about ninja pirate robot monkey clown bandito werewolf zombies?

Oh, wait, those have been done before. Carry on.

Nate the Great 09-19-2016 05:19 PM

Yar, it be Talk Like A Pirate Day again!

Zeke 09-23-2016 01:54 AM

Dirty little secret: the reason I've only done one update for this occasion is that I'm just not very good at talking like a pirate.

Nate the Great 09-29-2016 08:37 PM

Well, all you need to do is say "Yar, it be" and you're already most of the way there.

The founders of TLAPD teach "The Five A's of Talkin' Like A Pirate."
I've posted this before, but here's The TLAPD Song again.

Nate the Great 05-19-2017 01:58 PM

Irregular Webcomic explains talking like a pirate.

Maybe this is so Zeke can have four months to practice his piratese.

Or maybe it's just 'cause I stumbled on the strip during my archive binge of Irregular Webcomic.

I'll let you be the judge. Arrr....

Nate the Great 09-19-2017 11:21 AM

Well, shiver me timbers, has it been an entire year already?

Flying Gremlin 09-19-2017 03:49 PM

Aye, it has, lad.

Zeke 09-19-2017 10:35 PM

!!!

The last shoe just dropped. I had two motives -- now I have three. Let's see if I can finish off this thing I'm working on in five and a half hours!

[ED: The answer is no, but not by much.]