The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   5MV Talk (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Noob question (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=799)

PG15 07-08-2005 12:58 AM

Noob question

Is the Enterprise fivers off limits to everyone but Zeke?

Derek 07-08-2005 02:36 AM

I assume you mean actually writing an Enterprise fiver? Yes, those are solely for Zeke, check out the 5ME FAQ.

Zeke 07-08-2005 02:52 AM

Sorry, PG15 -- I should have answered your question when you emailed it. As Derek says, the Enterprise fivers are mine alone. You'll have better luck contacting Marc, IJD, or Derek to see what's available in their subsites.

Sa'ar Chasm 07-08-2005 03:35 AM

*cough*

Zeke 07-08-2005 03:41 AM

Well, he's talking about Trek. I figured it made sense to point him to the other Trek subsites. But naturally there's lots of room in the Babylon 5, Doctor Who, Farscape, and Andromeda subsites, to name a few. (Contact Sa'ar, Scooter, me, and me respectively.)

PG15 07-08-2005 04:21 AM

Ah well. Thanks for the reply! :)

Unfortunately Enterprise is the only show that I know enough about to make fun of.

PointyHairedJedi 07-08-2005 12:26 PM

Why not have a crack at a film then? You'd have to ask Zeke what's been called and what's still available, but I'm sure there's something you could five.

Welcome, by the way. :D

Zeke 07-09-2005 05:07 AM

Uh, Jedi? Perhaps you didn't get the memo, but we don't take submissions for movies except in special cases, and definitely not from newbies. Not everybody watches sf on TV, but everybody's seen Spider-Man. We don't want to open the floodgates carelessly.

PointyHairedJedi 07-09-2005 06:02 AM

Ah, okay. Sorry, didn't realise that was still in effect. Still plenty of older films though, right? Fer instance, no-one's yet fived a Bond film (to my knowledge), and there are enough of those to have a subsite all of their own.

PG15 07-09-2005 06:13 AM

Boy I wish you would've told me that earlier.

Zeke...ignore my latest email. :oops:

NAHTMMM 07-09-2005 06:05 PM

^Quite all right I'm sure. And hello there! ;) :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke
We don't want to open the floodgates carelessly.

But it's so much fun :twisted:

(says the guy who doesn't have to clean up the grounds afterwards)

Chancellor Valium 07-14-2005 11:32 PM

Welcome!
And don't worry, my first comments here were faar less tactful than yours :wink:

whoiam 08-22-2005 11:28 AM

How about the videogames section, then? I sent an email to you (Zeke) to see if I could five one of those something like 2 months ago...

...worst yet, I don't know if the lack of reply is you being busy, you being busy laughing at me, or my email account playing up (as both have been happening for months now) :(

Zeke 08-22-2005 05:02 PM

It's never a matter of laughing at you. Ask anyone who's dealt with me by email -- including all the staff and section heads -- and they'll tell you they've had similar experiences. I'm just really, really slow replying (especially this summer, when I've had to watch my online time carefully).

Which game did you ask for? I'll let you know if I got the email, and I'll answer your request here either way.

whoiam 08-22-2005 07:35 PM

*grins* Yeah, I know it isn't a matter of laughing at me.

I wish it was (wouldn't you want to be so funny you could keep someone laughing for 2 months off of one email?), but no such luck...

I asked for Final Fantasy 8, mostly because I was playing it on bus journeys at the time. (And they thought I had that tablet to do work!)

KillerGodMan 08-22-2005 11:05 PM

Speaking of videogame fivers... *drums fingers impatiently*

You can't really correct an edited fiver if you don't HAVE the fiver

Opium 08-24-2005 03:01 AM

Of course, you can always bipass the entire fiver thing and post random stories in the forums...anyone remember that Group Adaptive Story? You could start another one of those :twisted:

Or are the random, strange, crazy, insane forum stories a privledge allowed only for me ? :roll:

mudshark 08-24-2005 07:00 AM

^ Oh, I doubt it. I think you probably registered after the BaW fivers had subsided, though.

Opium 08-24-2005 07:09 AM

D'oh, yep, I did register after-everyone still talked about them though. I forgot about those!

Let me rephrase:

Or now are the random, strange, crazy, insane forum stories a privledge allowed only for me :?: :wink:

whoiam 09-06-2005 10:12 AM

Not meaning to bug you, Zeke...

(well, I am meaning to bug you, but in a totally non-bugging way... I'll stop rambling now)

...but I am still kinda waiting for an answer over the Final Fantasy 8 fiver...