The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   5MV Talk (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   NEW RULE (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=601)

Zeke 12-01-2004 02:30 AM

NEW RULE

Hey you. You with the image in your sig. Take it out.

This one's my fault, I'm afraid. One forumgoer asked if he could have a sig image, and it looked good, so I told him he could. I did not see the slippery slope. Now everybody and his radioactive spider has a sig image, and it's getting ridiculous. So from now on, no sig images.

Don't despair! You're welcome to link to an image in your sig. And those of you who are eTrektion candidates will have your campaign images posted with your candidate profiles -- on 5MV itself -- which is even better than having them in your sigs. (Fame!) But no more actual images in sigs.

(Why am I making you remove them yourselves? Because I've checked the admin control panel and there's no option to disable sig images. I'm afraid you'll have to do the dirty work.)

ADDENDUM: Due to overwhelming demand, Seko, the cat in Fuyu Ginga's sig, has been exempted from this rule.

Xeroc 12-01-2004 02:47 AM

Well, I'm perfectly fine with it.

The post pages were getting awfully long with the huge signatures, and it probably takes forever to load for people with slow connections, (like dial-up, I have a T2, so It really doesn't make any difference to me), and some of them were kinda making my eyes bug out, if you know what I mean.

I also don't have one. :wink:

Alexia 12-01-2004 07:54 AM

Gone :wink: :mrgreen:

Chancellor Valium 12-01-2004 12:33 PM

I'll remove it......"soon" :twisted:
j/k.
banners included? also, could you define "link to" in your sig? I mean, by that do you mean [img][/img] or only ? but I reserve the right to link to my sig as an image at a later date. And yes, I know my sig is too long. I hope this isn't the beginning of a nanny state here at 5MV as I don't like the sound of "Chairman Zeke" - It just doesn---
Yoink!

Sa'ar Chasm 12-01-2004 03:46 PM

Quote:

I hope this isn't the beginning of a nanny state here at 5MV
Zeke...nanny state...Zeke...nanny state...

Don't worry. That's never going to happen.

Zeke 12-01-2004 04:04 PM

You don't think I'm an authoritarian prick? I appreciate that. That makes one of you....

Alexia 12-01-2004 04:38 PM

2 :wink:

Chancellor Valium 12-01-2004 05:46 PM

I view this like the EU: No one really pays any attention to the rules anyhoo :wink: .

PointyHairedJedi 12-01-2004 08:30 PM

Well, I would have suggested limits before jumping straight to the outright ban (I thought 80x100 at less than 10k was pretty reasonable myself), but it's your site.

Chancellor Valium 12-01-2004 08:51 PM

I once again say I will remove the images............soon.............precisely which soon is up to me and how much Zeke threatens bullies and cajoles me into removing them ( :D )

Alexia 12-01-2004 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chancellor Valium
I view this like the EU: No one really pays any attention to the rules anyhoo :wink:

Well, I view this like you shouldn't piss off the guy who owns the site :wink: Plus, it makes a lot of sense. I mean, when your sig is six times longer than your post you have a bit of a problem :wink: :mrgreen:

Chancellor Valium 12-01-2004 09:38 PM

It is NOT six times longer! More like....five point four...... :P

ijdgaf 12-01-2004 10:40 PM

I really don't like it when every poster on a board has 15 pictures in their signatures that dwarf every post that user makes.

I agree. It's probably best not to have any at all, or at the very least have some sort of size limit.

Zeke 12-01-2004 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chancellor Valium
precisely which soon is up to me and how much Zeke threatens bullies and cajoles me into removing them ( :D )

Take the images out, NOW, or I take them out for you.

Will that do?

(To answer your question, I'm talking about [url] tags, not [img] tags. Linking to the images is fine with me.)

mudshark 12-02-2004 07:30 AM

Re: NEW RULE

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke
So from now on, no sig images.

Thank you. :D

Chancellor Valium 12-02-2004 11:31 AM

EDIT: Okedoke. But can we have some extra text features, like bounce, glow and stuff? PLZ? aww.

PointyHairedJedi 12-02-2004 04:46 PM

Just thought I'd post what I was going to use after the eTrektion, so you can all see how immensely clever and witty I am (though naturally you already knew that ;) ).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...vs/5banner.png

Alexia 12-02-2004 07:20 PM

:roll: I could blame this on something...but I think I'm just dumb :wink: I totally don't get it PHJ :wink: :mrgreen:

Sa'ar Chasm 12-02-2004 07:21 PM

I'm smart* and I don't get it either.

* - well, OK, a smart-ass.

Chancellor Valium 12-02-2004 10:14 PM

Indeed
Vote Morphine!
[bounce]vote morphine![/bounce]
[glow=green]vote morphine![/glow]
sorry, testing this stuff out....