The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   News (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   November 20 (TJI #50) (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1318)

Sa'ar Chasm 11-23-2006 02:19 PM

Quote:

That results in either permanent social banishment or death. I recommend choosing death.
Quote:

Wow, that'd be an interesting contest: to find a word nerdier than spifftacular.
I hate you all.

(I keed, I keed)

Nate the Great 11-23-2006 03:22 PM

Ouch.

I don't suppose a hearty virtual hug would make you feel better?

Sa'ar Chasm 11-23-2006 05:21 PM

No worries. The (I keed, I keed) at the end was supposed let you know it was a joke (I'm keeeeeding), but well, you know me and obscurity...

Nate the Great 11-24-2006 07:17 AM

Um, okay...

Well, I hope everyone had a good turkey day!

MaverickZer0 11-24-2006 08:26 AM

Turkey day was over a month ago, you backwards Americans. Where have you been?

Geeze, one holiday's three days behind, another over a month...what next, New Year's is now February?

J/k. But seriously, I think there are more Canadians than Americans on this site.

Celeste 11-24-2006 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaverickZer0 (Post 71330)
I think there are more Canadians than Americans on this site.

I do believe that's true. However I'm not sure why, seeing as how Americans tend to like everything RIGHT NOW GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE. And if we don't get it right this instant we throw hot coffee on the stupid girl at Dunkin Donuts who got our order wrong cause its before 7am and I haven't had my coffee yet!!

::Cough::

So yeah. The five minute concept should attract more Americans, but I guess Zeke's Canadianis cancels that out.

evay 11-24-2006 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infinite Improbability (Post 71316)
I question if "true adulthood" and "saying Dude" can occur in the same person.

that's the beauty of it. As a true adult, I could not care less what people think of me for using "dude" and "true adulthood" in the same post. :D

And being rude to the person who delivers your morning coffee is just stupid, because she can put anything imaginable into it and you won't know until the caffiene finally kicks in three miles away...

Kristina 11-24-2006 07:01 PM

Uhh... I think I qualify as an adult, at least where age is concerned, and you wouldn't believe what things I say - "dude" would probably be deemed mature in comparison. I have a toddler to blame, though.

Belated congrats, Sa'ar, and also belated - great TJI, Zeke!

Nate the Great 11-24-2006 09:30 PM

Well, I hope everyone's having a good Black Friday and staying out of the madness that is holiday shopping, at least for today. Since I kinda work in retail you wouldn't imagine the lecture we all got about the special Black Friday-only rules to keep things moving on our big volume day.

That's a secondary reason why I stay away from coffee. I'm not gonna go all preachy on all of the caffeine addicts out there, I'm just saying.

Been awhile since I've seen a Dunkin' Donuts. Seems that Krispy Kremes have invaded the north country in recent years.

Chancellor Valium 12-02-2006 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sa'ar Chasm (Post 71306)
Geezer? Hah! Just wait 'till you're past the quarter century. You can see thirty looming on the horizon and you realise that it's all downhill from here.

Looming on the horizon? HA!

Just wait till thirty's walking up the front path!

THEN you can claim to be a geezer!

Nate the Great 12-02-2006 08:28 PM

Um, I do believe that this thread has taken a turn for the bizarre. So things are status quo, huh?

Asky 12-05-2006 04:58 PM

always

Nate the Great 12-06-2006 12:25 AM

Okay, here's a bit of news: today is the Day of the Ninja! Nothing special, apparently, but I did switch to my DOTN avatar for the occasion. If you want to celebrate somehow, may I recommend hopping over to Bob and George? Right now George is bouncing around in time and facing at least two ninja attacks. It's got ninjas, a storyline spoofed right out of NextGen, what else could you want? :)

ijdgaf 12-06-2006 01:14 AM

DOTN has nothing on Talk Like A Pirate Day.

Nate the Great 12-06-2006 01:30 AM

Never said it did. After all, Talk Like a Pirate Day came first (I think), it has Dave Barry's support, and you can actually talk in a crazy accent for it. Day of the Ninja doesn't have any of that, but you can still tie a T-shirt into a ninja mask and do crazy "martial arts" moves.

By the way, one of my upcoming fivers has a reference to Talk Like a Vampire Day, which I think might be unique and an invention by myself. Any comment? (PS. I really did come up with a way to seamlessly weave the idea into the fiver through the use of another joke. You'll have to wait and read it to see if it works.)