The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   News (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   September 4 (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=847)

Zeke 09-05-2005 04:30 PM

September 4

I'm back, and settled in Waterloo. The plan has changed a bit. My fifth-anniversary article was mostly going to be about the history of the site, and that I can just add to the About section, so I'm not going to bother at this point. What's really important is the announcement I've been talking about, and it's now up. When you read it, you'll see why I had so much trouble with this particular update.

whoiam 09-05-2005 05:26 PM

Damn...

I think you summed it up pretty well in 'Azati Prime' -
Quote:

Originally Posted by Archer
Hmm. You can't really make this funny, can you?

I'm sorry to hear she's leaving, and even sorryer to hear that you two broke up...

mudshark 09-05-2005 05:43 PM

Bummer. :(

Ginga 09-05-2005 06:25 PM

Well. That just sucks on many many levels. :(

danieldoof 09-05-2005 08:24 PM

^ indeed :(

Anonymous 09-06-2005 03:40 AM

Bye Bye Kira

Actually, she has mentioned the relationship before, I think in the FAQ. I'll be sorry to see her go, too. I guess that hammer can't resolve everything.

Opium 09-06-2005 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuyu Ginga

Very true.

Um...BTW...I'm just getting a huge blank page for 5MV right now...there's no content on the main page. Is this siginifing the change, or is it a bug?

Ginga 09-06-2005 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Opium
Quote:

Very true.

Um...BTW...I'm just getting a huge blank page for 5MV right now...there's no content on the main page. Is this siginifing the change, or is it a bug?

I'm getting that, too. I wasn't going to mention it in the wake of, uh, this, since I feel as if people have just died.

:(

Zeke 09-06-2005 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Opium
Um...BTW...I'm just getting a huge blank page for 5MV right now...there's no content on the main page.

Now that I'm back at school, I'm back on ResNet, which sticks me in a low-bandwidth queue if I exceed a certain download quota. Yesterday my connection was so slow it was all I could do to upload the article; I gave up on the index page after several attempts. Apparently all that got through to the server was the order to delete the existing index.html. I've restored it now.

Quote:

I wasn't going to mention it in the wake of, uh, this, since I feel as if people have just died.

Me too, Ginga.

Chancellor Valium 09-06-2005 04:21 PM

Oh dear! :(

PointyHairedJedi 09-06-2005 08:51 PM

Sometimes You've Just Gotta Do What You've Gotta Do.

Aw shucks, though.

Asky 09-06-2005 10:42 PM

Gyah! I miss checking the site for one day, and what have you done to me?! I promise I'll check it every day from now on...

Opium 09-06-2005 10:57 PM

Quote:

I'm getting that, too. I wasn't going to mention it in the wake of, uh, this, since I feel as if people have just died.

:(

I wasn't going to either, but it was sort of out-of-sorts yesterday and not quite thinking straight. Otherwise, I probably would have out waited and put in in 5MV talk today or tomorow if no one else mentioned it. :(

Zeke, sometimes you have to do what you have to do. This is one of those times. Icky stuff happens. Life, and the site, will go on.

MaverickZer0 09-07-2005 03:56 AM

...I don't know if I could say it any better than that.

Chancellor Valium 09-07-2005 04:09 PM

^Seconded.

Xeroc 09-11-2005 06:53 AM

It's sad to see you go, Kira. :(

Hope you find enjoyment wherever you go.