The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   Science Fiction (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   ENT -- Last bunch of EPs  [SPOILERS] - The schedule was posted on Trek Today (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=11)

FatMatDuhRat 03-12-2003 04:53 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0][b:post_uid0]http://www.trektoday.com/news/120303_02.shtml[/b:post_uid0]

From [b:post_uid0]APR[/b:post_uid0] until the end of [b:post_uid0]MAY,[/b:post_uid0] all of the [b:post_uid0]ENT[/b:post_uid0] episodes
are listed on that webpage. Nothing is 100% definite
though, so something may change btwn. then and now.
:eyeroll:
[b:post_uid0]First Flight[/b:post_uid0] looks good, as well as the final EP and the
one which is suppossed to feature the Borg, [b:post_uid0]Regeneration.[/b:post_uid0]
:D
I'm definitely going to check out the rerun that's on next
WED, it's an EP that I missed and I'm still kicking myself
over it since it focused on my favorite character as the
main element of the story.
:bigsmile:

[Edited by [b:post_uid0]Zeke[/b:post_uid0] to add a spoiler warning in the title... just a few minutes too late. Sorry, Kira.][/color:post_uid0]

Derek 03-12-2003 06:29 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]I agree with looking forward to First Flight and Regeneration, Mat. I'm also having high hopes for Judgment. I haven't heard anything about the season finale yet though....[/color:post_uid0]

Kira 03-12-2003 07:08 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]::: sticks fingers in ears ::: LALALALA, I can't hear you....[/color:post_uid0]

Zeke 03-12-2003 07:25 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]This is a pleasant surprise -- I was expecting this forum to be overtly hostile to the very idea of Borg on [i:post_uid0]Enterprise[/i:post_uid0], no matter how it's handled. That's the response I've seen elsewhere. (When the news first broke, a guy I barely know included me on a panicked mass-email screaming with horror about the concept... without regard to whether the recipients were, say, trying to stay unspoiled.)

Don't get me wrong. I'm very, very leery of ENT trying to use the Borg. We're not talking about Nausicaans or even Ferengi -- the line the writers are walking this time is razor-sharp. But a number of things give me confidence that this will work out well. One is the writing team for this episode: Sussman and Strong, whose past work this season includes "Dead Stop" and "Future Tense." (Not to mention that they made their break with a little [i:post_uid0]Voyager[/i:post_uid0] story called "Unimatrix Zero.") Another is this series' track record with continuity @$$-covering (see also "Acquisition"). Finally, [i:post_uid0]First Contact[/i:post_uid0] and "Dark Frontier" have already muddied the timeline enough to give ENT room to maneuver; we know that one result of the [i:post_uid0]Enterprise[/i:post_uid0]-E's trip to the past was that rumours about the Borg reached the Federation sooner than they otherwise would have. It's not unreasonable that events in ENT's time could have contributed to those rumours.

So I'm looking forward to it... with some fear, certainly, but not with fear and loathing. :smile:[/color:post_uid0]

Derek 03-12-2003 07:44 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Yeah, when the forums were down here, I was forced back to TrekBBS and of course when the Borg announcement came down, everyone started screaming their heads off.

I too am wary of this episode. I agree that the FC angle is the correct angle to come from. Time stream pollution begets time stream pollution. It's definitely better than just having the Borg randomly drop out of warp/transwarp. And I also agree with your comment that Enterprise has been careful about continuity so far, [b:post_uid0]Zeke[/b:post_uid0], so I'm willing to give Regeneration a chance. Then again, I prefer taking a wait-and-see attitude on any ENT ep that hasn't been aired yet, unlike most TrekBBSers.[/color:post_uid0]

Celeste 03-12-2003 08:07 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Yeah, I got spoiled unwantingly too, Kira. Not here though. Someone else in my sim group just pasted the whole borg synopsis in my channel. ::facepalms:: I wanted to kill him.[/color:post_uid0]

FatMatDuhRat 03-12-2003 11:03 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0][b:post_uid0]*runs and hides behind a thick concrete wall*[/b:post_uid0]
Please don't shoot the messenger! I'll remember
to put the word [b:post_uid0]SPOILERS[/b:post_uid0] in the title from now on.
[b:post_uid0]*crosses heart*[/b:post_uid0]
:dead: :suspicious:[/color:post_uid0]

Zeke 03-12-2003 11:20 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Yes, you will. In fact, you'll put "spoilers" if you're even THINKING about spoilers as you type the post.

Hey! You just thought about another one, didn't you? Type "spoilers"! Type it now! NOW![/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM 03-12-2003 11:40 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Go Zeke! :)

By the way, do we need to type "spoilers" if we're just reading the posts and we happen to think of the thingies that go on the backs of cars? (Just for the record, yes, I thought of both kinds of spoilers while writing this.)

:Wanders off to figure out how he missed seeing Derek at TBBS when this board was down:

(Edit) Ah, yes, Derek. That would explain it. ;)

:nips over to adjust his buddy list accordingly:

(Re-Edit) Spoilers Whited Out: Incidentally, I also think that [color=white:post_uid0]having the Borg on ENT is lame. Do something with the Tellurites, the Andorians (well do *more* with 'em! ), the Alpha Centauri people, others! Introduce another new race. Surely they can be more inventive than this. This smacks of "write the story and then bend its struts and remove a few pieces to make it fit into the background", when they should be writing like "Okay, here's our characters we have so far, here's the background plot, here's all this other stuff, NOW let's get cracking and think of some good plotlines that work within these parameters".[/color:post_uid0][/color:post_uid0]

Derek 03-13-2003 12:59 AM

[quote:post_uid0="NAHTMMM"][color=#000000:post_uid0]:Wanders off to figure out how he missed seeing Derek at TBBS when this board was down:[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I saw you, NAHTMMM. You probably missed me because I go by [b:post_uid0]Spurk[/b:post_uid0] on those boards....[/color:post_uid0]

PointyHairedJedi 03-13-2003 11:37 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Well, I did have a good rant on the Sev boards so I won't bother here. Frankly though they've screwed up the continuity that much already I'm now more or less considering it as a seperazte series alltogether, or possibly a one set in the early days of the alternate 'dark' Trek universe (which to my mind makes all kinds of sense, and would be kinda neat too). The [i:post_uid0]only[/i:post_uid0] other option (ie being actually set in the normal Trek universe) would involve some major mucking about with time which frankly knowing B&B wouldn't be at all out of the question.[/color:post_uid0]

Zeke 03-14-2003 12:35 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]People have been saying that a lot; what frustrates me is that I have yet to see them name a genuine discontinuity in [i:post_uid0]Enterprise[/i:post_uid0] that's above the level of nitpicking. Yes, the ice is thin, but there's been every indication the writing staff are aware of that and taking it into account. There's a big difference between bending the rules a bit and just not caring.[/color:post_uid0]

FatMatDuhRat 03-14-2003 04:56 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]The [b:post_uid0]Tellarites[/b:post_uid0] or the [b:post_uid0]Orions[/b:post_uid0] would be an
excellent alien species to see on ENT. But
since TPTB want to do this Borg EP, we
might as well sit back and watch the fire-
works as the pop & fizzle in the the sky.
:O
I'm looking forward to seeing a few dumb
hew-mons get assimilated, and maybe one
of the ENT crew will get killed too. Who
knows? There're plenty of red-shirts on
board that ship who've been incredibly
lucky so far for almost two years.
:eyeroll:[/color:post_uid0]

PointyHairedJedi 03-14-2003 11:25 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]People have been saying that a lot; what frustrates me is that I have yet to see them name a genuine discontinuity in Enterprise that's above the level of nitpicking.[/quote:post_uid0]

Ahem - I think you're forgetting the tiny inconsequential detail of the Klingon-Federaton war that arose directly from first contact between them. [i:post_uid0]Enterprise[/i:post_uid0] has screwed this up royaly.

It could be that the writers plan to have Captain 'Weenie' Archer used as a punchbag by every major species that we see later on, in whih case we still have some way to go.[/color:post_uid0]

Zeke 03-15-2003 01:00 AM

[quote:post_uid0="PointyHairedJedi"][color=#000000:post_uid0]Ahem - I think you're forgetting the tiny inconsequential detail of the Klingon-Federation war that arose directly from first contact between them. [i:post_uid0]Enterprise[/i:post_uid0] has screwed this up royally.[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]You're right -- they did slip up on that. And yes, it should have been avoided. Our only difference is degree: I don't think it was all that bad as discontinuities go. (After all, what it contradicted was a relatively unimportant Picard line.)[/color:post_uid0]

PointyHairedJedi 03-15-2003 01:12 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]*coughcough[i:post_uid0]Enterprise-C[/i:post_uid0]cough*[/color:post_uid0]

Zeke 03-15-2003 04:48 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]What about it?[/color:post_uid0]

PointyHairedJedi 03-15-2003 07:46 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]I'm just making the point that the war had more effect than just "a relatively unimportant Picard line", including the various episodes connected with the [i:post_uid0]Enterprise-C[/i:post_uid0].[/color:post_uid0]

Zeke 03-15-2003 09:26 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]The [i:post_uid0]war[/i:post_uid0] did, and that continuity hasn't been changed -- the only difference is that the first contact incident itself wasn't what sparked hostilities.[/color:post_uid0]

PointyHairedJedi 03-15-2003 09:55 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Well, we haven't seen anything to suggest it in [i:post_uid0]Enterprise[/i:post_uid0] so far, and frankly Archers' 'bucket of suckitude' wouldn't last five minutes against a Klingon cruiser (or even one of those scout ships we saw).[/color:post_uid0]