The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   5MV Talk (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Forum remodelling (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=940)

e of pi 01-15-2006 10:12 PM

N00b question about why Zeke was the 108th to join.

Zeke 01-15-2006 10:34 PM

Simple: When we first moved from iB to phpBB, Owen did an admirable job of importing the member data so nobody was left behind. Making me an admin again, however, required him to delete the old me and have me register again. I think that's how it went, anyway.

I've made one more addition to the memberlist: country flags now appear on it. They're even sortable. Unfortunately, "no country" is stored as NULL, which for some reason falls alphabetically under N rather than outside the normal alphabet. Thus there's a very large gap in the middle of the country sorting. I'll fix that when I know more about how this particular NULL is implemented.

Opium 01-15-2006 11:49 PM

WOOT SUBJECT LINE!

Great job, Zeke! Thanks for all the work you put into this forum. It's such a great place to waste time. Which is good! :D

5M.net: creating a wonderful place to totally waste some time since...a long time :D

ETA: Wow. I according to the statistics, I play in the games a lot... :roll:
ETAA: And it goes without saying: thanks for all the great Fivers and other funny stuff that you've managed to write and gather over all this time!

Scooter 01-16-2006 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke
Making me an admin again, however, required him to delete the old me and have me register again.

I'm so jealous. I've often wanted to delete the old me. (Sounds like a "Doctor" episode of Voyager, actually. Maybe I'm an EMH and nobody told me.)

PointyHairedJedi 01-16-2006 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scooter
I'm so jealous. I've often wanted to delete the old me.

Can't you just, y'know, regenerate?

Scooter 01-16-2006 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PointyHairedJedi
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scooter
I'm so jealous. I've often wanted to delete the old me.

Can't you just, y'know, regenerate?

I would, but I'm on my 13th incarnation and, ya know, Traken was destroyed, so...

PointyHairedJedi 01-16-2006 03:03 AM

Just give RTD a call. He'll be able to write your way out of it for sure. :D

Chancellor Valium 01-17-2006 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PointyHairedJedi
Just give RTD a call. He'll be able to write your way out of it for sure. :D

By the time the episode's through, you'll regret it...

Go to Kamino. Or Argolis. It's a lot cheaper.

In other news, nice stuff, Zeke! :D

Katy Jane 01-17-2006 05:50 PM

Wheee! Membertitles and other new stuff. :D Hurray for Zeke!

Hotaru 01-17-2006 08:42 PM

So much stuff! Woo!

Opium 01-17-2006 10:03 PM

[quote="Zeke"]All right, can this NOT turn into politics for no reason? quote]

I think we can all agree not to discuss real politics on the forum,and I am unanimous on that! :D Instead, we can discuss the it-just-won't-die eTrektion theme. :twisted:

And besides, most of us have LJ's where we can post our political rants and raves :twisted:

(note to those on LJ...I will now be sometimes using the LJ cut feature on my political rants, so if you're not into politics you don't have to even look at 'em)

PointyHairedJedi 01-17-2006 10:13 PM

I think the pretzels should stage a mass uprising against Bush Jr. Sure, there was that one suicide attacker, but evidently the Secret Service were prepared for the eventuality that a lone pretzel might attempt something like that. But if they were to attack en masse, then Bush would go down for sure, and I for one will welcome our new pretzel overlords!

(We're allowed to talk about pretzels, right?)

danieldoof 01-17-2006 10:18 PM

HAIL ANTS
erm hail pretzel overlord

e of pi 01-17-2006 10:25 PM

Pretzels aren't too bad. It's just that one or two percent are bad, and destroy the reputation of the entire group.

PointyHairedJedi 01-17-2006 10:32 PM

Yeah, well, I'm sure if the average Fed, Tom and Horatio had their way, they'd be booted out of the country. They're just trying to be pretzels, man! Why can't people see that?

e of pi 01-17-2006 10:34 PM

Exactly!

Zeke 01-18-2006 05:43 AM

New forum banner. It'll fit better when we have a black background again.

PointyHairedJedi 01-18-2006 06:18 AM

Also, if it had a different ship. :P

Zeke 01-18-2006 06:44 AM

Well, it's just that I've been feeling like Enterprise is underexposed here lately. It's a huge part of the site.

And will be on topic again soon, IF YA KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

And I think you do.

Know what I mean, that is.

PointyHairedJedi 01-18-2006 06:56 AM

I really should go and catch up with the rest of Enterprise at some point. And Lost. And The 4400. And...

(The list goes on for a bit, as you might expect.)