The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Cuter than these cats (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=912)

Zeke 11-26-2005 12:13 PM

Cuter than these cats

(The thread title's a 5MV Forums in-joke. If you don't get it, it means I should really get on top of that member title thing.)

So my folks got a digital camera, and one of my brothers is having no end of fun with it. In particular, he took pictures of all four of our cats and sent them to me -- a gesture I really appreciated, since I miss those guys sorely. And what good are such pictures unshared?

<a href="../zeke/cats">Zeke's Cats</a>

From top to bottom, and in chronological order of ownership, the cats are Dora, Tiger, Minnie, and Patches. Dora showed up on our doorstep the same day I was hit by a car. Mom saw this as a sign, and eventually we all agreed she should stay. (Dora, not Mom.) This was not without obstacles -- the main reason we'd never had a cat before was that Mom is allergic to them. But she found a medication that worked, and has had no allergy problems that I know of since.

Tiger and Minnie were impulse buys at the Humane Society, as I understand it. I wasn't there when they bought Tiger and I wasn't even in town when they bought Minnie. They're both more playful and active than Dora, who's grown pretty sedentary. Technically, Tiger's name is spelled with a Y (a reference to "Tyger, tyger, burning bright"), but that's a little over my "corny line," so I don't spell it that way.

Patches, our latest acquisition, was another doorstep cat. She started showing up on the back porch this summer (when I was back in Ottawa). She and the three cats in the house would stare at each other for hours; I have no idea what was in our cats' heads, but it was obvious that Patches wanted in. Her acceptance took the longest. Dad was dead-set at first that we were not going to have any more cats, and for a while we tried to find another owner for her, but there were no takers. (Patches didn't help -- she kept escaping the house, though she came back sooner each time.) In the end, of course, we all got attached and didn't want to give her up. She's still adjusting, but seems happy enough, and the other cats are slowly accepting her. There's still violence, but less.

Anyway, I love the pictures, even if Dora's a bit out of focus. But -- and I say this with affection -- she's never exactly been the sharpest cat in the litter. :)

Gatac 11-26-2005 12:17 PM

Aww! Fuzzlie wuzzlie kitties!

...I didn't really say that, did I?

Gatac

(And do get on top of the Member Title issue. I got the ref, but it would still be a good deed.)

Opium 11-26-2005 01:53 PM

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!Cute kittes!

Except for Tiger, which looks suprisingly like my cat that's keeping me up right now...I wonder if my kitty is the Mirror Universe one and yours is the good one? :P

e of pi 11-26-2005 05:27 PM

I can't wait for Member Titles, assuming that they are the little words below your user name and above your avatar. And while I think they look darned cute, this drone can't get any closer. Would you believe nanoprobes don't cure allergies?

Ginga 11-26-2005 05:33 PM

I remember the "cuter than these cats" member title. I don't know whose it was anymore, though. XP

And kitties! They're so cute, although they look positively petrified of the camera.

Sa'ar Chasm 11-26-2005 09:01 PM

Those are some stunned-looking cats.

PointyHairedJedi 11-26-2005 11:43 PM

Cats are pure, fuzzy evil.

Gosh if they aren't cute while they're doing it though, and yours are no exception Zeke.

Celeste 11-27-2005 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuyu Ginga
I remember the "cuter than these cats" member title. I don't know whose it was anymore, though. XP

That'd be me. ::Purrs and wags her tail::

Katy Jane 11-27-2005 04:34 AM

KITTYS!

Ahem... excues me

Those cats are quite adorable. :)

Opium 11-27-2005 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celeste
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuyu Ginga

I remember them...mine was "of the people". And of course, the classic, "SPOOOOOOOOOOON".

BTW, anyone want a cute but insanly lou...I mean, cute but old kitty?

danieldoof 11-27-2005 07:56 PM

its the baaad motha......erm
yeah I remember the member titles

and it would be cool to have them back

Sa'ar Chasm 11-27-2005 08:23 PM

As long as we're sharing cats, meet Molly Maguire:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...y/S2020006.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...y/S2020010.jpg

Opium 11-27-2005 09:24 PM

While we're posting cats, here's my loud one (I actually do love him dearly) :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...Stuff/cat1.jpg

e of pi 11-27-2005 09:43 PM

Okay, for the debate inclined:

Quote:

Resolved: Cats like to stare a the camera and then make detailed inspections

PointyHairedJedi 11-27-2005 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celeste

It's my general experience that when cats start wagging their tails, right then is a good time to vacate the premises. ;)

While we're on the subject, this annoyed looking specimen goes by the name of Ash (not her real monniker, of course). She's up in Bonny Scotchland, so I don't get to see her very often at all.

Xeroc 11-27-2005 11:47 PM

Aaaawwww....

Cute Cats is right! :D (Everyone's cats here, too!)

And I have a member title, funny why you guys don't. ;)

Ginga 11-27-2005 11:49 PM

On the subject of member titles: I will ALWAYS fondly remember my Tea At 5MV one. :D

On the subject of cat picture sharing:

Meet Kathryn:
Kitty kitty. <3

That thing in the corner is indeed a Voyager season 5 box.

*stare*

Sleepy kitty.

KillerGodMan 11-28-2005 03:20 AM

Member Titles would be nice to have back

I remember mine: 'He wears the pants around here'

Also, I don't have a digital camera, but as soon as I do get one, OR I find the softwear for my webcam, I'll share my 6 (sometimes 7) cats with you.

EDIT: No cats yet, but here's my dog the picture's kinda messy though

Scooter 11-28-2005 09:46 AM

My dog's cuter!

My dog Chiyo

Alexia 11-28-2005 11:31 AM

Ahh, I have pictures of my anti-social moggy :wink:

Fudge, after killing and eating the zebra he's asleep on

And now for his close up

And this one isn't mine, he belongs to a friend of mine and his name is Sol. He may just be the most evil cat in the world.

Ahhhh...sol

:wink: