The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   *gasp* I'm the newest newbie. - This is an introduction. :P (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=287)

Ginga 07-19-2004 07:04 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid2]Hello, there. Imagine my surprise when I found my registration confirmation e-mail in my Inbox today... :P

Anyway, my name's Christine, I love anime, video games (I'm an RPG freak), Star Trek (of course... my favorite being Voyager), and yes, I love 5MV. It's some of the funniest stuff I've ever read. I frequent the ST.com forums under this same name, I'm on the computer a lot... and I like to write. I'm also a very devoted Janewayite... with a sense of humor. :P :laugh: <--see? Sense of humor. I won't get TOO rabid on you if the insults start flying. :cheesy:

Now, I hope there's not some "Introduce yourself!" topic hiding somewhere where I could've posted this. If so, I'll feel very silly.

So, yeah... that's me. Yep.[/color:post_uid2]

Katy Jane 07-19-2004 07:17 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Welcome. :D[/color:post_uid0]

Nic Corelli 07-19-2004 09:57 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Welcome, welcome!

If you`re indeed crazy, like your profile states, you`ll fit perfectly in here, :D Being evil also helps. Don`t worry, there is no special introduction thread for newbies, we`re not that sophisticated, ;) Miscellaneous works for just about everything. Oh, and Janeway RULES!

Have fuuuun! :D[/color:post_uid0]

PointyHairedJedi 07-19-2004 10:13 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]You like RPG's? Like, say, Final Fantasy? I happen to know that catalina also [i:post_uid0]loves[/i:post_uid0] the FF series.

Anyway, welcome! And nice av by the way - not a massive Weebl and Bob fan myself, but I do find them quite amusing sometimes.[/color:post_uid0]

Ginga 07-19-2004 10:27 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0="PointyHairedJedi"]You like RPG's? Like, say, Final Fantasy? I happen to know that catalina also [i:post_uid0]loves[/i:post_uid0] the FF series.

Anyway, welcome! And nice av by the way - not a massive Weebl and Bob fan myself, but I do find them quite amusing sometimes. [/quote:post_uid0]
Indeed, I do. I'm pretty sure the only reason I ended up buying a PS2 was to get FF VII, VIII, IX, X, and X-2... XD ...In fact, I have every game except for III (since, well... it was never released here.) and XI.

Haha, yeah. I'm finding myself becoming a bigger Weebl and Bob fan with each episode. But of COURSE... (sucking up) it will NEVER be as funny as 5MV ^_~ (/sucking up)

Nic: Indeed she does. =3[/color:post_uid0]

catalina_marina 07-19-2004 10:31 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Just a guess. American? :p

Welcome. :)[/color:post_uid0]

Ginga 07-19-2004 10:33 PM

[quote:post_uid0="catalina_marina"][color=#000000:post_uid0]Just a guess. American? :p

Welcome. :)[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Haha, yes. I hope that's not a BAD thing. :laugh:[/color:post_uid0]

Hotaru 07-19-2004 10:55 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]I have every game except for III (since, well... it was never released here.) and XI[/quote:post_uid0]

hmm... I need to change that. I am here to say BUY FFXI! we can talk!

anyways, welcome! It'll only be so long until you are addicted to these boards.[/color:post_uid0]

Ginga 07-19-2004 11:01 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0="Hotaru"][quote:post_uid0]I have every game except for III (since, well... it was never released here.) and XI[/quote:post_uid0]

hmm... I need to change that. I am here to say BUY FFXI! we can talk!

anyways, welcome! It'll only be so long until you are addicted to these boards.[/quote:post_uid0]
Haha, I haven't really considered it. I'm not really into online RPGs... then again, I haven't PLAYED too many of them.

And, yes, I have a feeling that I'll become addicted to the forums REAL quick.

Ooh, I guess I forgot to mention that I have a cat.

And her name is Kathryn. :laugh:[/color:post_uid0]

catalina_marina 07-19-2004 11:14 PM

[quote:post_uid0="Fuyu Ginga"][color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0="catalina_marina"]Just a guess. American? :p

Welcome. :)[/quote:post_uid0]
Haha, yes. I hope that's not a BAD thing. :laugh:[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Not at all. It will bring down the percentage of Canadians. :D[/color:post_uid0]

Hotaru 07-19-2004 11:17 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]And whats wrong with Canadians?

[quote:post_uid0]Haha, I haven't really considered it. I'm not really into online RPGs... then again, I haven't PLAYED too many of them.[/quote:post_uid0]

I didn't think that I would like FFXI, but then I started playing it. It can be very boring at times, but once you make some good friends it all gets better. It's a very unique world, larger and more complex than anything we've seen before. One day, you'll play, and love it.[/color:post_uid0]

taya17 07-19-2004 11:41 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]WELCOME!

Now, of course, you must know that I am the Supreme Dictatress of these forums, and you must bow down to my every whim or suffer the wrath of my [b:post_uid0]Five-Mile-Long Space Station Of Thwapping.[/b:post_uid0]

Other than that I'm very nice. ;)

Don't worry, I tend to be much nicer to the Janewayites than the non-Janewayites. [i:post_uid0]RIGHT, PHJ?[/i:post_uid0]

:)[/color:post_uid0]

NeoMatrix 07-19-2004 11:45 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Welcome, just beware of John and TopHatMan. Oh, watch out for 17 too.[/color:post_uid0]

catalina_marina 07-19-2004 11:53 PM

[quote:post_uid0="taya17"][color=#000000:post_uid0]Now, of course, you must know that I am the Supreme Dictatress of these forums, and you must bow down to my every whim or suffer the wrath of my [b:post_uid0]Five-Mile-Long Space Station Of Thwapping.[/b:post_uid0][/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Pft. :eyeroll:

[quote:post_uid0]Don't worry, I tend to be much nicer to the Janewayites than the non-Janewayites. [i:post_uid0]RIGHT, PHJ?[/i:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
It's more that everyone likes to hurt PHJ. :D

Except PHJ. Maybe. I'm not sure. ;)

*THWAPs PHJ* :devil:[/color:post_uid0]

Nan 07-20-2004 12:51 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Hullo, there.

I would be Nan, evil--er, morally interesting--Romulan.

Thwapping Pointy is one of 5MV's a forum tradition. Like Topic Title and post count madness. :D[/color:post_uid0]

Katy Jane 07-20-2004 12:53 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]PHJ has commited the ultamate crime of not liking Janeway, as a result we are obligated to torment him for the rest of eternity.

But you should be safe. :D

Edit: Perhaps i should accualy introduce myself. I am KatyJane, Resident frog and founding memeber of the PHJ/C (PHJ/Catalina) shipper movment, and long time fiver groupie.[/color:post_uid0]

admiral sab 07-20-2004 01:04 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Hi, I'm Sab...but that's ADMIRAL Sab to you. ;) Welcome. I've been here from the VERY beginning although I just started posting in these forums. I posted at the old ones. Now we're once again moving so I hope you come with us! Anyways, I've been assimilated into the PHJ/C shipper movement! I'm also a Janewayite!

Welcome!

Post Edit: I forgot to add, you can probably tell by my avvy that I'm a P/Cer, but it also works with PHJ/C![/color:post_uid0]

Nic Corelli 07-20-2004 01:10 AM

[quote:post_uid0="Fuyu Ginga"][color=#000000:post_uid0]Ooh, I guess I forgot to mention that I have a cat.

And her name is Kathryn. :laugh:[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Get out of town! :D

Several months ago (five and a half, to be precise) I got myself a cat, and called her Kathy. In honour of Kathryn the Great, of course. But then the cat started exhibiting signs of bizarre behaviour, so she was renamed Oddity. But still... she was Kathryn for a brief period of time. Now, how crazy is that? :D

Bored... bored... what to do, what to do? Aha!

*THWAPS PHJ* ;)[/color:post_uid0]

Ginga 07-20-2004 01:29 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Wow, I have a lot of people to reply to! Thanks for the welcomes, everybody. :)

catalina: And is THAT a good thing? XD

Hotaru: LOL, one day. ^^;;

taya17: *quivers slightly* Yes, ma'am. O.O

Nan: Hello Miss Romulan d00d.

Everybody who mentioned PHJ: Hm... I'll be sure to give him my regards. :devil:

Katy: ...erm... ribbit? :p

ADMIRAL sab: Well, after waiting a month to get here, I can assure you I'll be stalking - I mean, following you guys to the other forum. :) And... P/C FOREVER! :D

Nic: Honest to God! XD She was a stray, actually. My mom and I recognized her from around our neighborhood and thought people moved away and left her... :( She came by meowing hungrily one day, so we got her a can of tuna, and that sealed it. :D So, of course, this was at the peak of my Voyager obsession (I think I'm still at the peak) and so I said, "Hey, MOM! I have the PERFECT name for this kitty..."
Whoa! Freaky-ness. Muah, Janewayites pwn. :D Bizzare behavior? O.o Poor Oddity.

Whew! XD

[quote:post_uid0]17 Does Not Like Being Called Taya. (Again for the benifit of Fuyu, I'd hate to see her get *THWAPED* before she can build up a tolarance for it. ) [/quote:post_uid0]

OH CRAP! *hurridly glues a 17 beside the taya*

*wipes sweat off forehead*[/color:post_uid0]

Celeste 07-20-2004 01:34 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Hi ::waves:: I'm Cele, the cute one. I like RPGs too, but not the kind you're into. :P You seem like the type that won't get lost in the hundreds of posts a day these forum goers do, so.. i don't have to warn you.

Anyway, Welcome. :P[/color:post_uid0]