The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   News (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   October 31 (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=576)

Zeke 11-01-2004 06:01 AM

October 31

Happy Hallowe'en! Yes, I know, latest Hallowe'en update ever. However, it's still Hallowe'en for those of us on SST. (Soon Standard Time. Thank you, Xeroc.)

Like last year, 5MV is celebrating this occasion with appropriate fivers. This year I thought it would be cool to do Trek's archetypal Hallowe'en episode -- "Catspaw." Derek Dean, with his usual disturbing speed, was able to five it on only a couple of days' notice. So with props to Derek, here's Five-Minute "Catspaw".

The second half of our spooky double feature is another creepy Classic Trek episode, this time parodied by the creepy-in-his-own-right Nic Corelli. Enjoy Five-Minute "Whom Gods Destroy"... OR ELSE.

And that's it for October. Come back tomorrow for 5MV's election coverage, and then Tuesday for still more Original Series material.

(Props to Nan for helping out with the -- have you clicked it yet? I'd better not say, then.)

Derek 11-01-2004 02:55 PM

Quote:

Kirk: It's charming. The March Hare and the Mad Hatter will be arriving shortly, I presume?
Heh.

Great fiver, Nic.

Marc 11-01-2004 06:57 PM

Quote:

Uhura: No, I meant the hair on the new crewman.
Chekov: What?

Spock: So do you have any theories about our alien captors?
Kirk: I think the female one wants me.

Korob: Quick! You've got to escape! Sylvia's gone power hungry. She really thinks she's the cat's meow.
Cat: Meow!

Kirk: So Garth was a brilliant Starfleet Captain before he went nuts? That's shocking.

Garth: Darling, if I wanted to hear your voice, I'd strangle a couple of cats.

Spock: It's painful to see logic in the hands of lunatics.
Great fivers both!

Nic Corelli 11-01-2004 09:00 PM

Creepy? Me? Now what makes you say that? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Also, "Catspaw" was very funny!

Quote:

Kirk: Well, Goo away or go away, I think I'm going to just check out that haunted castle.
McCoy: I suppose it hasn't occurred to you that maybe you should actually heed the messages you've been getting, has it?
Kirk: Well, no. Not really.
Quote:

Chekov: The away team just vanished!
Uhura: It's awful, so awful!
DeSalle: It'll be okay. I'm sure the Captain will make it back safely.
Uhura: No, I meant the hair on the new crewman.
Chekov: What?
Mwahahahaha!

Quote:

Sylvia: You are such a hunk.
Kirk: Yes, I am. Now about your power source?
Sylvia: The transmuter, without which I would be powerless. Wait a minute! You're using me!
Kirk: Don't take it personally. I use lots of women.
Sylvia: Why you....
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

And there`s the AIBO! AAAAAAAAH! RUN! RUN FOR THE HILLS! :D :P

Chancellor Valium 11-01-2004 09:27 PM

I second that!

NAHTMMM 11-01-2004 10:51 PM

Heheheh. Silly Nan. ;)

Quote:

McCoy: I suppose it hasn't occurred to you that maybe you should actually heed the messages you've been getting, has it?
Kirk: Well, no. Not really.
It never does...:roll: ;)

Quote:

Kirk: Stop laughing, Bones.
:mrgreen:

Quote:

Governor: Our research says one of the frequent symptoms of starship captaincy really is insanity. Right after the hair loss.
Kirk: Oh my. Really?
Governor: Well, in some female Captains it's a bit different -- massive hair growth first, insanity later.
Heehee :D

Quote:

Spock: Hardly. You're nothing but erratic, inconsistent and illogical. Surely you're aware of that.
Garth: Well, at least I'm consistent about being inconsistent. And don't call me Shirley.
Spock: It's painful to see logic in the hands of lunatics.
:mrgreen:

Sa'ar Chasm 11-02-2004 03:44 AM

Quote:

Jackson: (over the comm) Excuse me, sir. Can I please beam up now?
Kirk: What? The redshirt survived and the bridge officers didn't? That's just not right.
*znerk*

Quote:

McCoy: You're half-human.
Spock: True, which means that I'm only scared out of half my wits, leaving me the other half.
Kirk: Stop laughing, Bones.
Heheheheh.

Quote:

Kirk: Look at the glazed over expression on Scotty's and Sulu's faces! It's like they're listening to Mr. Spock.
Spock: (to Scotty and Sulu) And so you see, gentlemen, that we will need you to release us from these restraints. --
Kirk: Spock!
Spock: Yes, Captain?
Scotty: Huh? What? How did I get here? Oh Captain! I didn't see you there!
<g>

Quote:

Marta: Can I sing already?
Garth: Darling, if I wanted to hear your voice, I'd strangle a couple of cats.
BWAHAHAHA! Have any cats in mind, Nic?

You're both nuts, you realise.

Celeste 11-02-2004 08:33 PM

No one remembered it was my Birthday, eh? Oh well. I am now legal and Tequila shots are teh good.

Zeke 11-02-2004 08:37 PM

Oops! It's harder to keep track without a proper forum calendar. What day was your birthday, Cel? Hope you had a good one.

Celeste 11-02-2004 10:45 PM

October 31st! :P Halloween baby. BoO!

Chancellor Valium 11-03-2004 12:36 PM

Ah well.

Wowbagger 11-03-2004 11:22 PM

As per tradition, I haven't read the fivers yet; saving them for a day with lots of homework.

Just wanted to say that that Halloween Aibo thing was weird... yet strangely ingenious. Of course, it took me ten minutes to come out from under the desk, and another twenty to get over the panic attacks, and one or two more to come to appreciate that.