The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   News (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   December (cough) 14 (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=615)

Zeke 12-15-2004 05:49 PM

December (cough) 14

As promised (if technically a couple of hours late), here's content. Content! Remember a month ago when we marked the TOS Season 2 DVD set's release with two fivers at 5MST? Well, we're marking the Season 3 release with... okay, one fiver, but it's really good. Check out Wowbagger's Five-Minute "Requiem For Methuselah."

And come back tonight for the start of something big. Something bold. Something with barbecue sauce. It's the weeklong event you've all been waiting for and didn't even know it. Prepare your world for a rockin'....

(Can I hype or can I hype?)

Derek 12-15-2004 06:09 PM

Quote:

Da Vinci: Hi, I'm Flint.
Kirk: But your speaker credit --
Da Vinci: Is irrelevant.
Flint's speaker credits were hilarious. Arby's Oven Mitt indeed.

Nice fiver, Wowbagger.

Rayinne 12-15-2004 06:44 PM

Hey, a fiver.

Quote:

McCoy: Look, Rytalyn!
Kirk: I thought we were curing Rigellian fever, not ADHD.

Gutenberg: I won't mention, then, that I am FLINT: THE INFINITELY PROLONGED! Whoops. Now I need to punish you.
Kirk: You just want a new ornament for your Christmas tree, don't you?
Gutenberg: I think you'll go very well next to the Voyager ornament Q sent me last year.

Spock: Well said, sir. It was a brilliant plan, aggravating the Logic Gods and hoping they would miss their target.
Kirk: But they hit their target.
Spock: No, captain, I'm quite sure they didn't.

(Hoping to cure Kirk's itchy, stuffy, sneezy nose, the Enterprise warps away to Planet Claritin at Ludicrous Speed)
Well done, Wowbagger.

Zeke 12-15-2004 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rayinne
Hey, a fiver.

I swear that's not going to be something out of the ordinary anymore.

PointyHairedJedi 12-15-2004 09:41 PM

Okay, that was a real cracker. Flint the Infinitely Prolonged indeed. ;)

Ginga 12-15-2004 10:48 PM

BBQ sauce? Mmm. Can't wait. :3 This event wouldn't happen to be that thing you hinted at on AIM the other day, would it? The one you said I would love? :D

Xeroc 12-15-2004 11:49 PM

Cool! An update! Wooo! :D

Awesome fiver, Wowbagger! :thumb'sup:

KillerGodMan 12-16-2004 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuyu Ginga
BBQ sauce? Mmm. Can't wait. :3 This event wouldn't happen to be that thing you hinted at on AIM the other day, would it? The one you said I would love? :D

I sence a VOY fiver!

admiral sab 12-16-2004 02:31 AM

Quote:

Hey, a fiver.
LOL I don't know why but I found this hysterical! lol And Zeke your reply- so sincere. Ok maybe I'm the only one this affected. I think rest is required.

PS Zeke you might want to take something for that cough...

NAHTMMM 12-16-2004 02:46 AM

Quote:

Shakespeare:
Bwahahaha! :D :twisted:

Quote:

Kirk: You just want a new ornament for your Christmas tree, don't you?
Gutenberg: I think you'll go very well next to the Voyager ornament Q sent me last year.
Heheheh.

Quote:

Arby's Oven Mitt:
BWAHAHAHAHAAA! :lol: :lol:

evay 12-16-2004 05:57 PM

Quote:

Kirk: And that sounds strangely like a scene from Spaceballs: The Isolinear Disk.
Mel Brooks rules! and I love the shifting speaker credits. Very funny.

BTW, Picard's Aunt Adele's ginger tea really does work for colds. I've been holding one at bay for a week now with two cups a day.

ETA: we all lost our titles? :( I'll skip the flag if I can have my title back.

Zeke 12-16-2004 06:00 PM

The custom title mod was lost in a necessary phpbb upgrade, and will be restored as soon as I have the time. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Anonymous 12-16-2004 07:43 PM

Nice work, wowbagger! and nice to see a fiver again - it's been a while...

Hey, Zeke, in your signature: Babies *are* a good source of rice - on rebounds. Not that I've tried it on our most recent family addition, but our oldest son has always a talent for spreading rice around... just a casual observation from the one who always ends up tidying the food table.

Kristina 12-16-2004 07:50 PM

Am I preoccupied or am I preoccupied? Sorry about that, forgot to log in... the "guest" above was me. I blame it on the baby (but don't eat him).

Sa'ar Chasm 12-16-2004 08:09 PM

Quote:

Hey, Zeke, in your signature: Babies *are* a good source of rice - on rebounds.
That was me. SiliceousY is a zeolite rapper I made up for Halloween (lamest costume ever).

evay 12-16-2004 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke
The custom title mod was lost in a necessary phpbb upgrade, and will be restored as soon as I have the time. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Oh! okay then. No rush. I'm just glad they're restorable.

Wowbagger 12-17-2004 03:09 AM

Thank you all for your kind words.

My main purpose here, however, is to mention that "Pining for the Forge" had me very strangely but very intensely amused.

This "weeklong event," however, has me thinking... could the end of Enterprise "Week" have finally arrived?

Zeke 12-17-2004 10:20 PM

No. That's next on the agenda after this, though.

Apologies for the delay with the event of which I spoke -- I've had a major crisis in my Master's program. Also 500 exams to mark. I'll make the update when I get home from this evening's Pure Math end-of-term party.

Kira 12-18-2004 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke
this evening's Pure Math end-of-term party

I bet that one's always a real barn-burner.

Marc 12-18-2004 03:39 AM

>> this evening's Pure Math end-of-term party <<

In one of his short stories, Arthur C. Clarke mentions a joke toast by (as I recall) a mathematician at a party full of engineers: "Here's to pure mathematics. May it never be of any use to anyone."