The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   Science Fiction (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Storm Front, part 1 (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=552)

Anonymous 10-08-2004 08:40 PM

Storm Front, part 1

I'm just going to go ahead and start this thread now because I'm really excited about tonight's show! YAY! it's finally here!
Just a few more hours!

Draknek 10-08-2004 09:08 PM

Curse ye, all who live in North America!

I'm very tempted to download this series as torrents become available (which I presume is quite speedily).

admiral sab 10-09-2004 01:41 AM

Spoilers because I've seen the eppie.

WOAH! That was neat. It wasn't exactly as powerful as Zero Hour, but it's a two parter, so I'm expecting the second part to really wow me. I love the Trip/T'Pol scene. Wasn't that sweet and gentlemanly of him to apologize to her? ;) In honor of Enterprise and TnT being back: My TnT avvy is back! Enjoy!

Derek 10-09-2004 01:05 PM

Yes, I thought the ENT episode tonight was good, though I had a couple of First Contact flashbacks. (The captain of the Enterprise beams up a black woman he just made friends with?)

Definitely good to see ENT back. I'm looking foward to all the mini-arcs.

sweetclover 10-09-2004 03:45 PM

Mayweather had lines! And more than 5 seconds of screentime :shock:
What was done to Daniels, while being kind of gross, was cool. Is it wrong of me to think like that?
I don't know why, but I really liked the whole conversation between Archer and Alicia (that was her name, right?) about the soldier "who wasn't like the others." In that scene I felt like I could really put myself in her shoes and ask myself how I'd feel if a seemingly down-to-earth (haha) kind of guy asked me about something like that.
Of course, I really *don't like* the whole Nazi thing, but I suppose that's my problem. But I too am really glad to see Enterprise back. :)

Celeste 10-10-2004 03:15 AM

This episode was good, though there isn't really anything that sticks out in my mind. Though maybe that was because I sped home from work and missed the first few minutes while then being exhausted from slicing meat all afternoon.

Opium 10-10-2004 09:40 AM

GAH!
Alien Nazis! Nooooooooooooooooooo!

Thankfully to save me from this, there was a series of short, funny mockumentaries on CBC newsworld.

I can't stand Alien Nazis. I do not watch Alien Nazis. GRR!

Remember, vote me in and NO MORE ALIEN NAZIS!

Chancellor Valium 10-10-2004 12:01 PM

Vote for the Morphine Party and NO MORE SUBVERSIVE POLITICAL CAMPAIGNING IN EPISODES - just maybe occasionally a very little morality - to keep it in keeping with the spirit of TOS etc (but without the whole "we're one happy family" stuff which is frankly lame) :D So vote for the Morphine Party today!

Draknek 10-10-2004 07:48 PM

Let it be known that I couldn't resist for long.

I thought it was good, just not great.

What happened to Daniels was very unexpected, but rather cool.

It looks like they're aiming squarely at a reset button.

NeoMatrix 10-11-2004 05:46 AM

Rats, I forgot that the season started. I must go download now :)

NeoMatrix 10-11-2004 05:47 PM

In the episode, Daniels mentioned that if they get the bad guys, the timeline would fix itself. So here is my theory.

If the Xindi weapon had actually destroyed that Earth, the timeline would have fixed itself since the bad guys were on Earth.

Am I making any sense?

Chancellor Valium 10-11-2004 05:53 PM

Almost.

Draknek 10-11-2004 06:43 PM

But the Xindi weapon was going to destroy Earth in the present.

The alien nazis are in an alternate past.

Wowbagger 10-11-2004 09:59 PM

It was fun. An amusing, if not truly monumental beginning to what I believe shall be Enterprise's last season. *sob*

Opium 10-12-2004 11:30 AM

Grr.

I think alien Nazis might mean less viewership.

At least, it has made me stop watching. I wasn't a super-loyal fan last season, but I did tune in. Now...I tried, but no. It's just not happening until the stop using Alien Nazis.

catalina_marina 10-12-2004 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draknek
Curse ye, all who live in North America!

Seconded. I'll have to wait till the weekend to see it. Which starts tomorrow, but that's not the point. :roll:

Draknek 10-12-2004 09:11 PM

Your weekends start on Wednesday?

What twisted kind of timesystem are you using?

Kira 10-12-2004 10:53 PM

Quote:

It looks like they're aiming squarely at a reset button.

You expect less from the scribes who brought us "Year of Hell" and "Timeless"? ("Berman & Braga: Putting the "F U" in "Reset Button" since 1997.")

I didn't find "Storm Front" to be a very entertaining episode. ("Lost", which has replaced Enterprise in my Wednesday night viewing, is a much more valuable waste of my time.) The TCW stuff was confusing, Archer's scenes with the rebels felt stilted, and I have a hard time believing Temporal Agent "Dead like a fox" Daniels is actually dead unless we're really seeing the end of the entire TCW arc. One highlight of the episode: T'Pol's restrained speechlessness upon Archer's return. I'm getting to like Jolene Blalock's performances more and more, despite all the crack-addict-sleeping-with-Trip stuff of last season.

I'm interested to see Enterprise get into some more prequel-ish material, but this certainly isn't a promising start to the season.

Chancellor Valium 10-13-2004 06:22 AM

Could I say that because the ***expletives deleted by computer on Enterprise-D for being naughty.*** BBC/Channel 4 schedulers I don't know when it's on. Or it's being shuffled around like a damp, warm potato.

catalina_marina 10-13-2004 02:09 PM

Quote:

Your weekends start on Wednesday?

What twisted kind of timesystem are you using?

The one that gives me free on Friday, and has no public transportation tomorrow, so I can't get anywhere near the university. Well I could, but I don't feel like cycling for at least an hour and a half.