The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   News (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   September 5 (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1176)

Zeke 09-06-2006 02:21 AM

September 5

I have a lot to say, but absolutely no time to say it till (probably) Thursday, so it'll have to wait till then. I'm just posting quickly to note one thing: today is the fifth anniversary of the Next Generation subsite. It's not exactly a happy occasion this year, but I will be doing <i>something</i> for it when I get back.

Mighty Jalapeno 09-06-2006 04:47 AM

Cool, I'm hanging out with a five year old in my underwear!

evay 09-06-2006 09:12 AM

isn't it rather inappropriate for there to be a five-year-old in your underwear?

Zeke 09-06-2006 01:19 PM

evay wins.

I've edited the newspost to clarify that we're not talking about the whole site's fifth anniversary here. That was last year, and it was awesome.

Mighty Jalapeno 09-06-2006 03:50 PM

Wow... that was funny, I gotta admit.

Ok, in my underwear, I am hanging out with a .... nah, it's not funny anymore.

Happy Anniversary!

evay 09-06-2006 06:29 PM

I wish I could take credit, but it's a riff on an old Groucho Marx line... still, if you're going to steal, steal from the best. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Groucho
One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know.

Mighty Jalapeno 09-06-2006 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evay (Post 69990)
I wish I could take credit, but it's a riff on an old Groucho Marx line... still, if you're going to steal, steal from the best. :)

Heh, I know the line, but for some reason, I didn't equate The Marx Bothers with a joke about my underwear. Sort of not in the same league, ya know?

Nate the Great 09-07-2006 03:34 AM

Was anyone else exposed to the elephant in pajamas joke for the first time from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang?

Tate 09-07-2006 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infinite Improbability (Post 70002)
Was anyone else exposed to the elephant in pajamas joke for the first time from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang?

I was. And then I heard Groucho say it.

mudshark 09-07-2006 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infinite Improbability (Post 70002)

I might have been, but then, I saw it in its original run. Can't say the same for Animal Crackers.

Zeke 09-08-2006 05:44 PM

I wrote the second exam on Wednesday. Just a minute ago I handed in my last assignment.

Now

I

am

FREE!!

(Getting a sense of how much pressure was just relieved here?)

Mighty Jalapeno 09-08-2006 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 70028)
(Getting a sense of how much pressure was just relieved here?)

Yes, now PUT YOUR PANTS BACK ON!

Seriously, gratz! Why was your last assignment at the start of the schoolyear?

Zeke 09-08-2006 06:13 PM

I'm (a) a Master's student and (b) a horrible procrastinator who dug himself a bit of a hole this past term.

Gatac 09-08-2006 07:56 PM

*raises hopes to half-mast*

Gatac

PointyHairedJedi 09-08-2006 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 70028)
Now

I

am

FREE!!

Though of course I'll always be here, Zeke.

For ever.

NeoMatrix 09-09-2006 10:24 PM

Free to post fivers more, whahahaha

Zeke 09-09-2006 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PointyHairedJedi (Post 70035)
Though of course I'll always be here, Zeke.

For ever.

"You ALL still have Zoidberg!"

Nate the Great 09-11-2006 01:28 AM

Is it Thursday yet? Mercy me, my calendar seems to have stopped... :)

Zeke 09-11-2006 01:44 AM

I stopped it.

Because I knew you were gonna make a smartass remark and I wanted to control what it would be.

Nate the Great 09-11-2006 01:56 AM

I had a lot snarkier version all ready to post. Give me credit for a little restraint.

I would use all caps if it wasn't rude in the extreme, but seriously, never use dates unless you're willing to figuratively swear on a Bible in the Supreme Court. Never ever ever. We understand Real Life, we understand Things Coming Up, but I don't understand a webmaster of your caliber still falling prey to faux pas like this. It's beneath you. Just don't say "I'll post on day X," then get all mad when day X arrives, nothing is posted, and we feel betrayed. Just reassure us that you are still here. That's all we want. There are untold websites that I've been to that haven't been updated in years, and the News area still acts like updates are occurring when they aren't and never will happen again.

Oh and please stop it with the "probably" day X's too. It raises our hopes just as much as if the "probably" wasn't there.