The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   News (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   February 9 (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=976)

Zeke 02-10-2006 09:15 AM

February 9

Today you get a double-header from Derek. The half you'll be expecting is the latest Smallville episode, "Vengeance." (It's got vengeance!)

The other half you won't be expecting. Remember when Marc left, and I published an ENT fiver he'd written some time ago for a 5ME "guest event" that never materialized? He wasn't the only one -- Derek had written his too. (This is impressive if you know that the event never got past the hypothetical stage and thus never had a deadline.) So, now that the event is definitely off (though something like it may yet occur), there's no reason to hold back Derek's fiver any longer. Here's Five-Minute "Dawn."

Does this presage more ENT activity to come? Mmmmaybe.*

* Yes.

Gatac 02-10-2006 09:26 AM

I adore Enemy Mine jokes. Stupid Mickey Mouse!

Gatac

Alexia 02-10-2006 09:47 AM

Quote:

Archer: Why don't we team up? Together we can find Charles Tucker and the Raider of the lost Arkonian!
*GROAN* xD

Very funny though :wink: :mrgreen:

evay 02-10-2006 10:16 AM

:shock: An ENT fiver! :D ::bouncy bouncy bouncy:: and one of my favorite eps to boot!

Quote:

Reed: Agreed. Arming all weapons. Targetting the sun.
:lol: I love this. Mal got to be a lot better shot before the Xindi arc.

Nice job!

danieldoof 02-10-2006 10:22 AM

Quote:

Chief Engineer's Log: The engines are shot, all the beer bottles broke, and the transceiver needs some repairs. Fortunately, my volleyball survived intact.
MWAHAHAHAA
everyone who knows me will understand :wink:

Quote:

Chief Engineer's Log: I'm alone, in an uncharted part of this star system. There are a lot of moons in the area, and one seems to be flying directly at me.
Archer: That's no moon, it's a spaceship.
Tucker: It's too small to be a spaceship!
HEH

very nice fiver :D

mudshark 02-10-2006 11:05 AM

Quote:

Chief Engineer's Log: Why did I have to get stuck on a planet with this guy instead of someone cool like a Romulan? Aw, who am I kidding? A chief engineer and a Romulan stranded on a planet... it'll never happen.
Heheh. :D

Good fivers, D.

Zeke 02-10-2006 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evay
:shock: An ENT fiver! :D ::bouncy bouncy bouncy:: and one of my favorite eps to boot!

Really? I picked the right one to use this blurb on, then. :mrgreen:

Chancellor Valium 02-10-2006 01:21 PM

Heheheheheh! Great ENT fiver, Derek! :D

evay 02-10-2006 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke
Quote:

Originally Posted by evay

Really? I picked the right one to use this blurb on, then. :mrgreen:

::has to back up to see what the frak Zeke is talking ab--:: Oh, THAT! AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA That's awesome! :mrgreen: I always come in through the front page and it rarely occurs to me to look at the blurbs.

Sa'ar Chasm 02-10-2006 03:12 PM

Quote:

Chloe: No. Stop. Thief. Don't take my purse.
Clark: Chloe, at least try to act.
Chloe: You're one to talk.
Derek, you're lucky that I wasn't taking a drink when I read that, otherwise there'd be hot chocolate in my nose and you'd owe me a new keyboard.

Quote:

Arcata: GAH! You're going to die, Lionel! DIE!
Clark: No, don't kill him! We must rely on fair judicial process to convict him.
Lionel: Listen to him! LISTEN TO HIM!
Arcata: Meh. I'd rather disappear into the night after defenstrating Lionel.
Clark: In front of the impressionable kids watching this show? You're sick!
(SUPER-THROW!)

Clark: Oh, that's what defenestrating means.
That's one of my favourite words. It amuses me to think that people and objects were being thrown out of windows so often that they had to coin a new word to express the concept.

Quote:

Sato: The Arkonians are hailing us, sir.
Khata'n Zshaar: (over the comm) What? A Vulcan! Vulcans make Zshaar ANGRY!
Archer: Hi there! We're looking for our engineer who was shot down by one of your ships.
Zshaar: Yes, we're looking for our raider ship. And I suppose the pilot as well.
Archer: Why don't we team up? Together we can find Charles Tucker and the Raider of the lost Arkonian!
Wasn't this a TNG episode?

Quote:

Chief Engineer's Log: Why did I have to get stuck on a planet with this guy instead of someone cool like a Romulan? Aw, who am I kidding? A chief engineer and a Romulan stranded on a planet... it'll never happen.
Apparently it was. The weird thing is I actually hadn't read as far as the log entry before I posted that snide comment above. Eerie. Dammit, Derek, stop reading my mind!

Kristina 02-10-2006 06:58 PM

Quote:

Ma Kent: Somebody saaaaaave me!
Acrata: Look! Up in the sky! It's me!
:D

Quote:

Tucker: Look, all I want is to be able to fix the transceiver before dawn comes.
Zho'Kaan: Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra.
Tucker: Forget it. There's no way I'll be able to understand that.
Heh heh heh. Darmok! :lol:

Good work, Derek... and Derek!

NeoMatrix 02-10-2006 09:29 PM

Great fiver

Quote:

How long did it take you to come up with that?

Derek 02-10-2006 10:15 PM

I actually seem to recall that that joke fell into place on its own. However, it's been two years or so since writing it, so I could be wrong.

Wade, The Sane Commodore 02-11-2006 05:21 AM

GASP! An Entimoot fiver!

GASP! A Guest-written Entimoot fiver!

"Wilson! Wilson!"
"My name is Voit!"

Alexia 02-11-2006 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek
I actually seem to recall that that joke fell into place on its own. However, it's been two years or so since writing it, so I could be wrong.

TWO YEARS?

*headdesk*

Zeke 02-11-2006 01:14 PM

It's not even close to a record.

Derek 02-11-2006 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexia
TWO YEARS?

*headdesk*

As Zeke said, it was originally being prepared for an ENT event, so it made sense that he would need to hold on to it for a while.

Scooter 02-11-2006 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke
It's not even close to a record.

My personal longest was 18 months, and I thought that was impressive...

evay 02-11-2006 10:09 PM

Think of them as aging like a good merlot. "We will post no fiver before its time."

mudshark 02-12-2006 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sa'ar Chasm
Quote:

Arcata: GAH! You're going to die, Lionel! DIE!
Clark: No, don't kill him! We must rely on fair judicial process to convict him.
Lionel: Listen to him! LISTEN TO HIM!
Arcata: Meh. I'd rather disappear into the night after defenstrating Lionel.
Clark: In front of the impressionable kids watching this show? You're sick!
(SUPER-THROW!)

Clark: Oh, that's what defenestrating means.
That's one of my favourite words. It amuses me to think that people and objects were being thrown out of windows so often that they had to coin a new word to express the concept.

Yeh, great word, as opposed to transfenestration (if you've read Pynchon's Vineland), which is when one jumps through a closed window (though I suppose it would also apply in the case of Axel Foley.)