The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   News (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   January 2 (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=927)

Zeke 01-02-2006 10:29 PM

January 2

Memo to YouAreDumb.net: YOU ARE TWO.

For those who missed previous newsposts on the subject, YAD is a daily opinion site I'm fond of. The concept ("I hate this and this and this") isn't unique, but the execution is, and the humour keeps me coming back even though I'm in several of Bryan's favourite target groups. Anyway, YAD just hit its second birthday (December 31, to be exact), and I've decided to mark the occasion with a merging of his and my running jokes. Here's The Top 10 Signs That Your Girlfriend is DUMB. Call it a "We Disagree a Lot But Here's a Waffle Iron Anyway" present.

(Be warned that the above list will make no sense to a non-reader of YAD. I know at least three 5M.net regulars do go there, though, so it won't be totally wasted.)

There won't be an update tomorrow -- I'll be on my way back to Waterloo. For Wednesday I hope to have the 2005 recap article done, and that'll let you know what's coming up.

Sa'ar Chasm 01-02-2006 11:02 PM

I'm in one of the Trek/Edmund Fitzgerald filks that made his brain hurt in the Be A Better Nerd Manifesto.

It doesn't make much sense. In my defense, I didn't write it.

Good list.

Trip 01-04-2006 12:11 AM

Ha HA! I READ YOU ARE DUMB! The first time you linked to it I was hooked and have read every day since! Excellent list!

- Trip

Chancellor Valium 01-04-2006 05:21 PM

Re: January 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke

Memo to YouAreDumb.net: YOU ARE TWO.

I HAVE SEEN THREE!

Sa'ar Chasm 01-04-2006 08:17 PM

THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!

evay 01-04-2006 08:27 PM

FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE GOL-DEN RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINGS...

Scooter 01-05-2006 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sa'ar Chasm
THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!

You know I was thinking about my old fivers and realized I must have like seven references to "Chain of Command, Part 2." I really need to branch out more... maybe allude more often to "A Night in Sickbay," perhaps... :)

e of pi 01-05-2006 03:06 AM

Six Drones A-ssimilating

No...that won't do....hmmm...YES! Wait, no. Small beings might not get that. Hmmm.

Ah! Quick check with Zuke, and:

The sixth will rise again! Fools...

Sa'ar Chasm 01-05-2006 04:49 AM

Quote:

You know I was thinking about my old fivers and realized I must have like seven references to "Chain of Command, Part 2." I really need to branch out more... maybe allude more often to "A Night in Sickbay," perhaps...
Branching out is for the adventurous. Monty Python and Star Wars is all you need in the way of allusions.

PointyHairedJedi 01-05-2006 08:29 PM

Or Samuel Taylor Coleridge, can't forget him. :D

Sa'ar Chasm 01-06-2006 02:50 AM

*beats Pointy with a dead albatross on a rope*

PointyHairedJedi 01-06-2006 06:40 PM

That's the spirit!

Scooter 01-07-2006 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PointyHairedJedi
Or Samuel Taylor Coleridge, can't forget him. :D

Problem is he makes me think of Olivia Newton-John.

evay 01-07-2006 02:36 AM

Xanadu! Now that was a fun piece of brain candy.