The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   5MV Talk (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Vote for Five Minute COMMODORE! (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=493)

antodav 08-18-2004 04:17 AM

OK, true, PointyHairedJedi, but I believe I also acknowledged that you had a point regarding how much work I need to get done before hand...the debate isn't over yet; keep your pants on.

Nan 08-18-2004 04:30 AM

I was under the impression that keeping one's pants on was forum policy. :mrgreen:

Xeroc 08-18-2004 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nan
I was under the impression that keeping one's pants on was forum policy. :mrgreen:

I agree with that!

catalina_marina 08-18-2004 09:39 AM

Oh god I hope so. :shock:

antodav 08-18-2004 07:45 PM

Is is? Uh oh.... :oops:

antodav 08-19-2004 04:47 PM

All right! :D Instead of losing the poll by a 3:1 margin, now I'm only losing it by a 2:1 margin! Things are looking up! LOL

PointyHairedJedi 08-19-2004 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nan

How does it stand on dressing-gowns? I mean, what if I come to 5MV and I'm wearing nothing but my undies and a dressing-gown? Is that allowed?

( :D )

Gatac 08-19-2004 06:41 PM

I believe any piece that adequately covers the legs is acceptable. If it isn't, me and my towel will have to part ways.

Gatac

catalina_marina 08-19-2004 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatac
I believe any piece that adequately covers the legs is acceptable.

What if it's really hot?

antodav 08-20-2004 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catalina_marina
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatac
I believe any piece that adequately covers the legs is acceptable.

What if it's really hot?

Then surely a skirt, or at least a skort, but not a miniskirt. Ick.

antodav 08-20-2004 04:55 AM

Oh, damnit, I'm back to losing by a 3:1 margin. What gives? Must I resort to bribery??

catalina_marina 08-20-2004 10:20 AM

Hey now, I wouldn't dream of wearing a miniskirt. Well I might, but that would be a nightmare.

Quote:

Originally Posted by antodav
Oh, damnit, I'm back to losing by a 3:1 margin. What gives? Must I resort to bribery??

I haven't voted yet... :wink:

PointyHairedJedi 08-20-2004 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catalina_marina
Hey now, I wouldn't dream of wearing a miniskirt. Well I might, but that would be a nightmare.

You... in a miniskirt....

It's a good thing I wasn't drinking anything right at that moment. :P

catalina_marina 08-20-2004 01:20 PM

Exactly! :roll:

That, and I wouldn't wear it even if it would look good. :roll:

Nic Corelli 08-21-2004 07:38 PM

Antodav, maybe if you make your poll a bit more clear and slightly less hostile, you might actually win...

First I thought you want a 5MV subsite. Which was tricky... What if 50 other fanfic writers requested their 5MV subsites for fivers of their stories? Quite impossible, on the technical side.

It was only later we discovered that you want Zeke`s permission to write fivers of your series on your website. That sounds okay. I`m sure everyone would agree with that. If other exosites like Five Minute Stargate, Buffy and Fifth Voyager (another fanfiction) got permission to use the fiver concept, I don`t see a reason why you shouldn`t get it as well.

However, you asked for that permission quite aggressively and almost rudely, so I`m not quite sure you deserve it. You might consider an apology (calling people evil tyrant emperors warrants one, at least in my opinion.)

catalina_marina 08-22-2004 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nic Corelli
(calling people evil tyrant emperors warrants one, at least in my opinion.)

You mean, we aren't evil tyrant emperors? :shock:

Oh wait, not yet an emperor. You're right. :wink:

Scooter 08-26-2004 10:49 PM

Boy, reading all of this suddenly makes me want to write my own Star Trek series. Let's see. Following the idea of Enterprise, we go even further back in time, to the early 1800s, where we follow the adventures of the kinds of people who would be Star Trek characters if The Federation, and Starfleet, and space travel actually existed.

Meanwhile, the Vulcans and the Romulans would be secretly observing Earth, mainly for entertainment value. The Suliban too, only at this point in their history, because their genetic manipulations are all in the larval stage, they all look like big hairless gophers. A previously, or, rather, subsequently unknown race called the Rastons are trying to infiltrate the British Royal Navy in order to being about the development of the Ultimate Weapon, the 32-pounder cannon.

Sound good? I'll get right to work....

Nic Corelli 08-26-2004 11:04 PM

...and the Ultimate Weapon is soon stolen by an armada of an evil, ruthless, new enemy that has suddenly emerged from the dark shadows...

... Spain! :twisted:

Scooter 08-26-2004 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nic Corelli
... Spain! :twisted:

Hee hee hee

mudshark 08-26-2004 11:30 PM

*Whoooosh!*

NObody expects the Spanish 32-pounder!