The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   News (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   July 12 (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=807)

Zeke 07-13-2005 05:08 AM

July 12

Welcome to Day &. (Did you know the ampersand was once commonly considered the 27th letter of the alphabet?) Today I had to let a guy stab me in the gums with a needle a bunch of times, but I did get a Top 10 list done....
<ul>[*]The Top 10 Cliffhanger Endings For Currently-Running Series.[/list]

Be here tomorrow for Day 28!

(Thought for the day: on the way home, I saw the license plate NCC1701B. Excelsior-class-variant fan or driver named Harriman?)

Scooter 07-13-2005 05:20 AM

Quote:

Enterprise: Shut up! It's a currently-running series in my soul!
Just how I felt from 1989 till the beginning of this year... :)

Scooter 07-13-2005 05:23 AM

Re: July 12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke
Thought for the day: on the way home, I saw the license plate NCC1701B. Excelsior-class-variant fan or driver named Harriman?

It probably was Harriman. After the events of Generations he was demoted from the Enterprise B to a Toyota Celica.

(Although I just saw in Barnes & Noble that someone is writing books about the "lost years," featuring Harriman and young Sulu. WTF? Who would read a whole book about that wiener?)

... and that's my thought for the day.

PG15 07-13-2005 05:52 AM

Quote:

Amen.

evay 07-13-2005 10:24 AM

Quote:

*sob* me too. or me three, as the case may be.

PointyHairedJedi 07-13-2005 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scooter
(Although I just saw in Barnes & Noble that someone is writing books about the "lost years," featuring Harriman and young Sulu. WTF? Who would read a whole book about that wiener?)

... and that's my thought for the day.

Hey, I liked Harriman! He was just horribly inexperienced, that's all. If you want wienies, look no futher than STIII, which had not only Captain Esteban ("Oh no! My shoelaces are untied! I'd better call Starfleet Command and ask them what to do!") but also that insufferably smug git Captain Styles ("Captain! They're stealing the Enterprise!" "Not now, Commander, I'm waxing my moustache."). Now they truly were wienies of the highest order.

Also, Zeke, I would not put it past Ron Moore to do exactly what you put in that Top Ten about nBSG. I'm going to be worrying about that now all through the rest of the series. Bastard. :P

Derek 07-13-2005 12:23 PM

Quote:

Same here. (Also about Angel)

Chancellor Valium 07-14-2005 11:17 PM

Quote:

Doctor Who: After two more Doctors have died, the Twelfth is about to appear... but who will he be? Who?
Stop....puns......get......worse.....can't....carr y....on!

I'm offering 3:1 on Ross Kemp :wink:

PointyHairedJedi 07-14-2005 11:31 PM

GAH! Don't even joke about that! :shock:

Wowbagger 07-14-2005 11:48 PM

Quote:

Shut up! Al Vinci is a currently-working person in my soul!

I heard the Lost Era book with Harriman was actually very good. As for the car, why would you name it after the B? I'd pay good money to see someone walk into the Division of Motor Vehicles and say, "That's N-C-C-one-seven-oh-one, no bloody A, B, C, or D!"

MaverickZer0 07-15-2005 12:53 AM

:D
Hmmm....and how will Daniel be brought back this time? Don't get me wrong, I like him, but...how many times has he died? He's the Zero of Stargate.

...I am not going to say anything about the one after that until I can find my head and reattach it to my body.

PointyHairedJedi 07-15-2005 02:46 AM

Duncan Idaho pwns all. Not even John can match his sheer prowess when it comes to going GAK!

Nan 07-15-2005 03:40 AM

Senor Pointy is correct. Idaho's lived and died consistently over--what, ten thousand years?

Scooter 07-15-2005 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PointyHairedJedi
Duncan Idaho pwns all. Not even John can match his sheer prowess when it comes to going GAK!

Duncan Idaho -- wasn't he the hero of Deerslayer? Great book. Though Twain didn't like it much...

(just kidding, I know who Duncan Idaho is)

PointyHairedJedi 07-15-2005 04:36 AM

^ Oh good. Means I won't have to re-educate you.

Nan 07-15-2005 04:48 AM

With an axe. ;)

PointyHairedJedi 07-15-2005 04:50 AM

Oh no, that's much too subtle for me. I'd borrow one of 17's implements for this particular job.

mudshark 07-15-2005 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scooter
Duncan Idaho -- wasn't he the hero of Deerslayer? Great book. Though Twain didn't like it much...

Ahh, James Fenimore Cooper's Literary Offenses -- fun read.

We now return you to your regularly-scheduled topic.

Celeste 07-15-2005 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke

Today I had to let a guy stab me in the gums with a needle a bunch of times, but I did get a Top 10 list done....

Woo! Dentist rocks! (yeah I haven't been paying much attention here.)

PointyHairedJedi 07-17-2005 10:24 PM

^ IT LIVES! :shock: