The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   News (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   October 2 (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=544)

Zeke 10-03-2004 02:18 AM

October 2

Hey all -- and welcome, at long last, to an event I've been promising since February! 5MV's first new subsite since Five-Minute Farscape is now here. Without further ado: Five-Minute Angel.

I originally conceived this event as both a protest against the series' cancellation (as in 5MF's case) and a celebration of its five brilliant years on the air. Half a year later, we still don't know whether Angel will ever be returning in some form; the news so far hasn't been good. But that's how it looked for Farscape, too. Meanwhile, until any good news does arrive, we've got plenty of episodes to keep us busy here at 5MV.

We're kicking off the subsite with a three-day event, featuring a total of sixteen fivers by 12 different guest writers. We're doing Season 1 today, Seasons 2 to 4 tomorrow, and Season 5 on Monday. Here are today's entries:
<ul>[*]Five-Minute "City Of....", the traditional pilot fiver by me.[*]Five-Minute "The Bachelor Party," by Jade. You'll be hearing from her again later.[*]Five-Minute "I Will Remember You," by Dachelle. If you follow the daily newsposts, you might remember Dachelle as the author of Angel. Can't. Read!, a S5 Angel parody. I loved that piece so much I invited her to participate in this event; to my delight, not only did she accept, but it turned out she was already a 5MV fan. Here's her contribution.[*]Five-Minute "Parting Gifts," by Derek Dean. You'll be seeing more from him too.[*]Five-Minute "War Zone," by Nic Corelli. He's done a number of fivers, but this is his first for Angel.[/list]That's only five out of sixteen fivers, so make sure to come back tomorrow and Monday for the rest of this event. After that it's a four-day buildup to the Season 4 premiere of Enterprise, so don't touch that dial!
(Note: I'm sorry about vanishing; it's been a very complicated week. But this week's events will be worth the wait.)

KillerGodMan 10-03-2004 02:24 AM

So I suppose the abbrivation for Five Minute Angel is 5MA, right?

KillerGodMan 10-03-2004 02:26 AM

And I also gotta wonder who the section head will be...

KillerGodMan 10-03-2004 02:27 AM

And when the graphic will be ready?

And why can't I write this all in one post?

Zeke 10-03-2004 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerGodMan

That's taken by Five-Minute Andromeda. I'm using 5MAngel till I think of something better.

As for the graphics, all the ones on the subsite itself are ready; technical difficulties are delaying the front-page subsite logo.

NAHTMMM 10-03-2004 03:28 AM

Quote:

Angel: I hate that guy. He always focuses on the parts where I kill people.
Heheheh.

Quote:

Angel: Tina, wake up! You're having a nightmare! Now listen... I looked up this Denise girl and you were right, Russell did kill him. Then she had a daughter in an alternate timeline and it all gets confusing, but --
Bwahahahaha! :D

Quote:

Doyle: Let me tell you the story of my life, and how all my Cactus Demon Angst (TM) came to be.

Richard: Well, what a lovely family dinner.
Richard's Mom: And a perfect opportunity to show that we are, in fact, planning on murdering Doyle.
Richard's Brothers: But in a funny way!

Richard: Okie-dokie, time to eat Doyle's brains.
Doyle: Yay! ...What? You can't eat my brains! You're not a zombie! Only zombies eat brains, Dobson.
Richard: Shut up, you're ruining my appetite. Ahem. Fetch the brain-eating box!
Doyle: That's a big wooden chest! With legs!
Richard: Sigh... I meant the other brain-eating box...
Heeheehee.

Quote:

Richard: Argh! I don't want to marry you anymore either, you name-calling Prince Kim Potter!
Harry: My name's Harry.
:mrgreen:

Quote:

Angel: I'm not going to stake myself. I'm just straightening my desk. Obsessively. I'm certainly not frustrated for any reason. I'm just straightening. Really. Stop looking at me like that.
Cordelia: Oh, I thought you might be upset that you and Buffy will never get to be together again. Never. Never ever ever. No matter how much you both might be longing for it, yearning even, loins straining with desi--
Angel: Well, I used to be upset about it, but I've had to learn to deal. Buffy's human, and I'm not, and that's never going to change.
(DUM DUM DUM!)

Cordelia: Hey, it's Buffy! She's here! In L.A.! How unexpected!

Angel: ...Your sword cut me! Let me take a moment to look at my bleeding hand dramatically.
Mohra Demon: Rargh! You stabbed me! I bleed on you!
Angel: Augh! I'm experiencing the Glowy FX of Something Supernatural Happening to Me!
:D Funny stuff!

Quote:

Lawyer: Now that I'm the beholder, give me the eyes.
Heheh.

Quote:

Angel: (sigh) Are you finished?
Lenny: No, I'm Danish.

Wesley: Do you really mean it or you just like driving verrry slowly in his ultra-cool convertible?
Cordelia: Now listen, do you honestly believe I'd be so cruel and irresponsible as to let Angel get hurt, massacred, or killed by an angry gang just to indulge myself in a pointle-- Wheee! A shoe store!

Gunn: It will! I promise! As soon as I kill all the vampires in the Northern Hemisphere!
Angel: Gunn...
Gunn: And then the Southern.
Angel: Now look...
Gunn: Is there a Western too?
:D :D

[edit]Whoa! I see you've jumped past the 400K mark with hitcount--past 401K, even. ;) Way to go! :mrgreen:

Zeke 10-03-2004 04:54 AM

I missed that? Shoot. I knew it was coming, but I didn't check today. I'll mention it in tomorrow's newspost.

KillerGodMan 10-03-2004 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke
Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerGodMan

That's taken by Five-Minute Andromeda. I'm using 5MAngel till I think of something better.

Oh, oops, forgot about that, What about 5MAL? or 5MAG?

Chancellor Valium 10-03-2004 11:05 AM

How about 5MAn ? you like? no like? you like coffee? :D

Draknek 10-03-2004 11:28 AM

Hopefully, this will make me get round to watching Angel from the beginning, like I've been meaning to.

I'll read the fivers while I'm watching the first series that I obtained through entirely legal means... :roll:

KillerGodMan 10-03-2004 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chancellor Valium
How about 5MAn ? you like? no like? you like coffee? :D

COFFEE?!?! *WHAM* Ouch! ...sure, I like coffee

Alexia 10-03-2004 01:15 PM

Did someone say coffee?

*holds out cup*

I never watched Angel before I went on holiday, but I watched it when I was away and I liked it! I saw the episode where Spike comes back and he's REALLY funny! I saw a couple of others too, so now I will try and watch it. I never watched Buffy either. Was that any good?

Chancellor Valium 10-03-2004 03:27 PM

Heh! I like the new avatar, lexy! oh, and belated welcome backs!

Draknek 10-03-2004 03:50 PM

Damnit, I just read the Angel. Can't. Read! thing, and now I know how S4 is going to end...

Ah well, the final episode is only about a week away.

Quote:

Girl 1: You guys are cool. Cool to the touch, in f-- Ow! Let go!
Vampire 1: Nah. Let's go have some... fun.
Angel: Fun, eh? Sounds like fun. Can I come?
Vampire 2: Ewwwww!
Angel: Suit yourself.
Stealth-Mini-Vamp-Staker-2000s: (LAUNCH)
Vampires: GAK!
Angel: Where I come from, we stake our own fun.
Hehe.

Quote:

Tina: Okay, let's go. I've had enough fakeness for a while.
Angel: Then won't we have to leave California entirely? -- OW!
Clever.

Also, the idea of Angel just jumping from car to car every time he wants to go somewhere.

Anonymous 10-03-2004 04:46 PM

"So I suppose the abbrivation for Five Minute Angel is

(just a random nutter :) )

I read this site often and every on it does a good job (have to say that I'm just a "guest")

the offical show abbrivation is "Ats" (Angel the series) so how about "5MAts"

Keep up the great work!

Thomas Fishwick

mudshark 10-04-2004 01:59 AM

*finishes reading at last*

And you say there's more coming, Z? Whee! Too many to quote from all of them, so just this from Nic's:
Quote:

Lenny: AAAA! What do you want?
Angel: What do I want? I want to be the Queen of Finland, that's what I want. I also want the incriminating pictures.
Lenny: Impossible.
Angel: But in that case, I will kill you, you know that?
Lenny: Silly you! Finland doesn't have a Queen. Denmark has a Queen. Sweden has a Queen. Norway has a Queen. Iceland...
Angel: (sigh) Are you finished?
Lenny: No, I'm Danish.
Hee. :lol:

All of them were good, though, including "Angel. Can't. Read!" :D (I know there was a link posted to that some time ago but, for whatever reason, I didn't read the whole thing; better now.)

[Note: something looks a little funny about the end of the fourth-to-last scene (Kungai) in Derek's -- might need a minor tweak.]

PointyHairedJedi 10-04-2004 01:46 PM

Yay! for new subsites.

Haven't read the fivers though. I know I've seen a scattered foew episodes, but I can't for the life of me remember which ones.

Celeste 10-04-2004 06:00 PM

Ahhh Zeke is alive. :) And he brings Fivers.

KillerGodMan 10-07-2004 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draknek
Ah well, the final episode is only about a week away.

What do youMEAN it's only a week away? It ended about two years ago, I think, maybe it was last year...

Draknek 10-07-2004 04:30 PM

True.

However, American TV tends to be ahead of British cable/satellite channels by about 6 months, and British terrestrial TV is behind that by at least another 6 months, often more.

And as my friend who got me to start watching Angel again only has access to regular channels, I've been watching it on terrestrial.