The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   News (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   June 20 - Day 6 of Alternate Universes Week (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=337)

Kira 06-20-2003 05:15 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Today's roundup:<ul>[*]Andy Taylor completes the DS9 Mirror Universe series with Five-Minute "The Emperor's New Cloak"[*]Marc Richard brings us a fiver that he wrote nearly a year and a half ago and that we've been saving for this theme week almost ever since: Five-Minute "The Time Trap"[*]Marc has also contributed a top ten list: The Top 10 Things We Would Have Loved to See in a Next Generation-Based Universe[*]IJD GAF rounds out today's offering with part 6 of the "Sleapers" feature[/list]Zeke will be making a fiver appearance, so expect a supplemental update... soon.[/color:post_uid0]

Derek 06-20-2003 12:04 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]- The link for the time trap fiver is missing the "/startrek/" part of the URL.
- The title for the sleapers part says "Sleapers, Part 4" instead of "Sleapers, Part 6".

But the fivers were great, Marc and Andy. And the "Dr. Crusher" line in the top 10 list was great.[/color:post_uid0]

Kira 06-20-2003 01:44 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Here's Zeke's supplemental contribution: Five-Minute "Non Sequitur."[/color:post_uid0]

Zeke 06-20-2003 02:36 PM

[quote:post_uid0="Derek"][color=#000000:post_uid0]But the fivers were great, Marc and Andy.[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]And so was the update, little glitches or not. I know you guys don't mean to be inconsiderate, but this "pile on Kira" thing that's been going on is exactly that. These threads are for feedback on the new material; if you see an error, by all means report it, but do it by emailing me. (I'm in a better position to fix this stuff during business hours.)

Anyway, the site is [i:post_uid0]full[/i:post_uid0] of glitches, 99% of which are my fault and not hers. Anybody want to try guessing how long I had one of Chakotay's speaker credits listed as "Caretaker" in the pilot before I noticed?[/color:post_uid0]

catalina_marina 06-20-2003 02:41 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Three months? :p[/color:post_uid0]

Zeke 06-20-2003 03:36 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Closer to six.[/color:post_uid0]

catalina_marina 06-20-2003 04:08 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]:O Really? That's baaaaad.[/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM 06-20-2003 05:57 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]"The Emperor's New Cloak" was quite amusing.
[quote:post_uid0]Mirror Vic Fontaine: Hi everybo-- GAK!
Mirror Bashir: That's for the cheesy '50s set!
Mirror Vic: GAK!
Mirror Bashir: That's for the screen time you stole!
Mirror Vic: GAK!
Mirror Bashir: And that's for the freakin' album you did!
Mirror Vic: Okay, OKAY! I said GAK![/quote:post_uid0]

Marc did an excellent job with "The Time Trap" too.
[quote:post_uid0]Spock: The Klingons are plotting treachery against us.
Kirk: How did you find that out?
Spock: By using the Vulcan Mind Hug, of course.[/quote:post_uid0]
:lol: I can't see Klingons getting involved in anything called a "hug" that doesn't involve death in some way, but what a funny mental image that was!

The new Top Ten List was good as well. (By the way, has Marc read "Dark Mirror"? Just curious.)

Part 6 of the Sleapers Saga was entertaining as usual, though I'm still convinced I'm missing something in Zeke's line about "Greg 'Soon' Thaid". ;)

And "Non Sequitur" is solidly funny.
[quote:post_uid0]Computer: Service record for Harry Kim, Ensign. 2367: Entered Starfleet Academy. 2371: Lost with U. S. S. Voyager. 2372: Mysteriously appeared on Earth and called up his service record, which he is currently reading.
Cosimo: (over the comm) Ahem.
Computer: Oh. Um, I mean, never left Earth.
Kim: But weren't you just saying --
Computer: No.[/quote:post_uid0]
My favorite part. :D

[quote:post_uid0]Kim: Shoot, I forget where I live.
Cosimo: On Earth, of course. You never left.
Kim: I meant what building. You'd think an alternate timeline would at least tell you that much, but noooo, that would be too fair.[/quote:post_uid0]
I hate it when that happens. Alternate timelines and dreams are just so mean.[/color:post_uid0]

PointyHairedJedi 06-20-2003 06:37 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Coolness. Again, very funny stuff.

[quote:post_uid0]1. Deanna Troi as the sadistic, leather-clad Intendant of Betazed, gleefully purring the words "I feel your pain" to errant underlings as she beats them with a riding crop.[/quote:post_uid0]

You know, this site really does highlight the lack of words that mean the same as 'funny'.

I take it this means that we're going to see 'The Counter-Clock Incident' tomorrow then?[/color:post_uid0]

Kira 06-20-2003 10:26 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0="Zeke"]if you see an error, by all means report it, but do it by emailing me. Â (I'm in a better position to fix this stuff during business hours.)[/quote:post_uid0]
Uh huh. Â See: Zeke's member title. Â Then, see: Kira's member title.

[quote:post_uid0="PointyHairedJedi"]I take it this means that we're going to see 'The Counter-Clock Incident' tomorrow then?[/quote:post_uid0]

How the frell did you -- I mean, um, tomorrow's update is a surprise.[/color:post_uid0]

PointyHairedJedi 06-20-2003 11:07 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Well, it hasn't been done so far. I wasn't sure if you'd save it for last or not though.[/color:post_uid0]

mudshark 06-20-2003 11:20 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Good again, all! :)

Andy, I must confess I have no clue as to what this refers:
[quote:post_uid0]Mirror Ezri: Nah. Hey, it's nothing personal; I'd just prefer to hang with a bunch of deaf gypsies that want to curse me for an eternity while simultaneously being force-fed rocks and dirt by a huge flesh-eating spider.[/quote:post_uid0]
This just amuses me for some reason:
[quote:post_uid0]7. LaForge as a dissolute rake who defects to the Alliance when he is kicked out of the resistance for spending all his time seducing women[/quote:post_uid0]as did a lot of stuff in [i:post_uid0]Non-Sequitur[/i:post_uid0].

I also must admit not having a clue about Greg "Soon" Thaid, except that it sounds like something out of a bad fanfic, spoken with a variable lisp. It'll make sense to someone, I'm sure.[/color:post_uid0]

Celeste 06-20-2003 11:33 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]You know, we're all gonna find out the answers and go "Oh yeah!" hehe[/color:post_uid0]

PointyHairedJedi 06-20-2003 11:42 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]I can only hope that will be true in my case.

[quote:post_uid0]Uh huh. See: Zeke's member title. Then, see: Kira's member title.[/quote:post_uid0]

I still maintain that 'Zen Administrator' suits him better. Though I can never remember which of the two Dirk Gently books it referers to.[/color:post_uid0]

Zeke 06-21-2003 12:13 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]That's apparently from Long, Dark Tea-Time, though I don't really see the connection with Zen navigation. Â I mean, I know what you're getting at, I just don't think the parallel works.[/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM 06-21-2003 12:23 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Seems to me as if your Sleapers technique for navigating through the Mirror Universes this week has been mostly Zen... Â :smile: Â Â ;)[/color:post_uid0]

Zeke 06-21-2003 12:40 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]No, the only inherently Zen way to travel is by motorcycle.[/color:post_uid0]

PointyHairedJedi 06-21-2003 12:52 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Man, they're fun. My uncle and aunt (not the dozen-cat-owning ones, though they do have two of their own) have three of them, and I've ridden as a passenger on them on a few occasions.[/color:post_uid0]

Celeste 06-21-2003 01:38 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]What do you do about the bugs in your teeth?[/color:post_uid0]

Sa'ar Chasm 06-21-2003 02:13 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]No, the only inherently Zen way to travel is by motorcycle.[/quote:post_uid0]

I didn't know motocycle engines went "Ommmmm"

[quote:post_uid0]What do you do about the bugs in your teeth?[/quote:post_uid0]

Floss, or chew.[/color:post_uid0]