The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   News (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   December 26 (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=921)

Zeke 12-27-2005 02:09 AM

December 26

And now, at last, the honest-to-Kryptonian-god conclusion of the Smallville event. Drumroll, please... here's Five-Minute Superman: The Movie, by Scooter! You'll believe a man can five.

Be sure to check out the front page -- I've finally made a new Christmas banner. And be here tomorrow for a big change of pace.

PointyHairedJedi 12-27-2005 03:01 AM

Quote:

Lex: Otis, chap with the cape there. Five rounds rapid.
I always somehow forget just how lethal Scooter's one-liners can be. Probably one of those subconcious self-preseveration thingys.

Hurrah! And also, GAK! :D

e of pi 12-27-2005 04:10 AM

Zeke- like the way the seasonal site update looks. Is there any chance that this thing I should be here for will involve something I've actually seen? As a member of the next generation of Fiver readers, I wholeheartedly approve boldly reading what I've never seen before, but it gets a little annoying sometimes.

Zeke 12-27-2005 06:47 AM

This one's a Voyager update.

Hmm... there seems to be a lot of interest in getting back to Trek stuff. Several of you guys mentioned your hopes for new ENT fivers recently. I'll bear that in mind.

Scooter 12-27-2005 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e of pi
... involve something I've actually seen?

I too would love to see more Trek stuff but -- you mean you haven't seen Superman: The Movie? I thought everyone had! It was the Matrix of 1978! :)

Gatac 12-27-2005 07:58 AM

I do know a few people who never saw Matrix...

(Heathens, all of them.)

Gatac

e of pi 12-27-2005 05:50 PM

Or only four when it came out... you forget I'm 15.

Chancellor Valium 12-27-2005 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatac
I do know a few people who never saw Matrix...

(Heathens, all of them.)

Gatac

How dare ye call me a heathen!
:P

Celeste 12-28-2005 03:29 AM

My name's Heather, not heathen. hehe. Silly gatac.

Derek 12-28-2005 03:31 AM

Quote:

Jimmy: Thanks, Superman! I heard you repaired the whole San Andreas single-handedly!
Superman: Yes, Jimmy, I was generous to a fault.
That is awful.

Quote:

Clark: All those powers, and I couldn't save him. Now I have no father.
Voice of Jor-El: Son, remember how much fun we had cruising through the Mutara Nebula --
Clark: No father at all.
Jor-El was hilarious. Good job on his characterization in general. Both as tour guide and as general pain-in-the-butt.

Anonymous 12-28-2005 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek
Jor-El was hilarious. Good job on his characterization in general. Both as tour guide and as general pain-in-the-butt.

Thanks. I find it very ominous that the trailer for Superman Returns features only the voice of Marlon Brando's Jor-El.

Scooter 12-28-2005 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Quote:

Thanks. I find it very ominous that the trailer for Superman Returns features only the voice of Marlon Brando's Jor-El.

Sorry, that was me.

NeoMatrix 12-28-2005 12:57 PM

Sad to say my own wife has not seen the Matrix

Derek 12-28-2005 02:12 PM

^ Neither has my wife.

And I meant to mention this earlier, Zeke:
Quote:

You'll believe a man can five.
Quote:

20,000 Justice Leagues under the sea
Quote:

Jingle bells, Batman sm-- no, wait
Quote:

Clark dies! Really! And Seven returns to the Borg!
Are simply terrible. Terrible! And also highly amusing.

Scooter 12-29-2005 01:32 AM

Quote:

Are simply terrible. Terrible! And also highly amusing.

I also wanted to call attention to the terrible and very funny Smallville blurbs.

mudshark 12-30-2005 03:06 PM

Re: December 26

Quote:

Indian Chief: ...And then Custer said, "Not with an orangutan I won't!
Nice work, Scooter. Too many good lines to quote them all, but this was too good to pass up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke

Be sure to check out the front page -- I've finally made a new Christmas banner.

Nice! :D

Kristina 12-31-2005 04:11 PM

Fun stuff, Scooter! :D
I remember thinking how the storyline was kept waiting for oh-so-long when I saw the movie as well.
Valium: I'm probably worse than a heathen with regard to Matrix, which may or may not make you feel better.

Scooter 01-09-2006 10:24 AM

In light of Zeke's disclaimer on the Superman fiver, this is absorbing and appalling reading: the 20-year nightmare of Superman V/Superman Returns.

Zeke 01-09-2006 11:25 AM

Oh WOW. That's link day material, no question. I knew about some of this (I've read Moriarty's description of the JJ Abrams script, and also a pretty lousy Kevin Smith script for Superman Lives), but I had no idea of the sheer mass of bad ideas that have gone into this thing. What particularly worries me is that this post is only two months old. I thought Superman Returns was a clean break from these rejected plans -- if it has anything to do with them, I'll be a lot less optimistic.

PointyHairedJedi 01-09-2006 10:34 PM

I don't think you could make stuff like that up. To echo Zeke, wow.