The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   News (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   April 1 (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=701)

Zeke 04-02-2005 04:58 AM

April 1

So it finally occurred to me -- this site has strayed from its mission. My fivers used to be short, but nowadays it takes about a week to read one. Well, no more! From now on, this is Five-Second Voyager. And that's good news for you, because my backlog just shrank from one-twelfth its normal length to one-seven-hundred-twentieth. I've already caught up on Season 4, and that's just today!

In other news, we now know why evay likes seeing Trip injured all the time: her ultimate goal is to cripple him. Fetishist.

Zeke 04-02-2005 06:05 AM

Oh, to address a point that Tarn-Vedra just made....

[00:03] Tarn-Vedra: Is another one of your "I didn't plan ahead so this 1-day event is going to become a week-and-a-half-at-least thing" events?

No. My current plan is a compromise between a one-day thing and the insanely long April Fool's events 5MV is known for -- three days. Trilogies are still cool, right?

Hotaru 04-02-2005 07:05 AM

Good job Zeke! Having not seen any of season 4, I feel like I watched it all!

Opium 04-02-2005 11:59 AM

Hehe, 5SE...I like it. Kinda like taping a show, skipping the commercials and parts that look boring, and only watching stuff that involves the characters you like...

evay 04-02-2005 02:15 PM

Brilliant! :mrgreen:

And I love both Trip and the Hawk-Man for their beautiful minds. :P

Anonymous 04-02-2005 04:59 PM

Heh

I really liked these fivers... although I do hope that the slightly longer ones come out soon, heh. :-D But go Zeke!

KillerGodMan 04-02-2005 05:35 PM

The fivers are great, but I feel like I'm missing something, as though they were... *GASP!* FIVER TRAILERS!

juuuuuuuuuuuuuuust kidding!

I still feel like I'm missing something, maybe it's The one for Observer Effect (I DO get the Schrodinger's Cat reference however)

Scooter 04-02-2005 05:58 PM

Initial reaction went something like:

Hmmmm....

So Zeke reenvisioned 5MV as 5SE and put out a whole raft of fivers, and he let us know this on April --

No, that can't be it.

And there was a one-day ev--

No. I'm sure I'm reading too much into things as usual. I've got to stop doing that.

:)

Anonymous 04-02-2005 08:24 PM

What I'm most impressed with ...

... is the fact that you were able to copyright these a year before you published them, and before they ever aired!

Anonymous 04-02-2005 08:26 PM

Aarrgghh!!

What I meant was, that you were able to PUBLISH them a year ago, before they even aired!

Wowbagger 04-02-2005 08:48 PM

These fivers are going to be permenant, aren't they?

Funny stuff. 'Specially Phlox trying to
Quote:

save
a species. Problem was, it definitely took me an average of about 7 seconds to read them, so I'm afraid you have to cut the length again.

evay 04-02-2005 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wowbagger
Problem was, it definitely took me an average of about 7 seconds to read them

Learn how to read without moving your lips.

PointyHairedJedi 04-02-2005 10:03 PM

Five seconds? I just don't have that kind of spare time! Now, if we're getting down into the nano range, then maybe I'll be able to sit down and read some of these.

NAHTMMM 04-03-2005 12:53 AM

:lol: at the Augments arc...

Quote:

T'Pol: ...and our pets are called sehlats. There, I believe we've now crammed all the Vulcan stuff ever established into this episode.
Archer: So what do we do with the other two parts?
T'Pol: Make up new Vulcan stuff, of course.
:D
Whee!

LOL at "Observer Effect"! :D

Xeroc 04-03-2005 01:50 AM

Hilarious, Zeke! :D

This concludes this five-second post, brought to you by Xeroc.

Ginga 04-03-2005 02:01 AM

LMFAO, you're weird, Zeke. :lol:

mudshark 04-03-2005 02:16 AM

Quote:

Jhamel: Brother! Hear my telepathic call! Stop flying those drone ships!
Gared: Oh. Well, when you put it that way....
Archer: I think we really accomplished something today. Where's the Tellarite ambassador?
Shran: Insulting your bridge crew.
Archer: Good, good.
:D

Alexia 04-03-2005 10:35 AM

OMG does that mean that the 5 minute cheese thing was AN ENTIRE YEAR AGO? *dies*

What have I been doing all year? xD

Captain Proton 04-03-2005 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PointyHairedJedi
Five seconds? I just don't have that kind of spare time! Now, if we're getting down into the nano range, then maybe I'll be able to sit down and read some of these.

oh! oh! i wanna try... here's my nano - fiver for "observer effect":

M

hope you liked it!

Zeke 04-03-2005 12:35 PM

...I like it.