The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   News (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   August 8 (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=835)

Zeke 08-15-2005 05:00 AM

August 14

I think I'm going to try "5M.net" as our abbreviation for a while and see how it goes. evay's made some good points in favour of it. Anyway, today's actual update is the beginning of the cleanup I mentioned: I've fixed all the broken links on the front page, except the Smallville link, as that section still needs an index page.

Zeke 08-15-2005 05:02 AM

August 15

Whoops -- the Trek and TV categories still need index pages too. I'll do that tomorrow if I have time (a commodity I was very short on today).

evay 08-15-2005 10:15 AM

::bows:: always happy to be of service.

Zeke 08-17-2005 04:45 AM

August 17

I'm very busy this next couple of weeks with the move back to Waterloo, so the updates will likely be small for a while. I did whip up a temporary index page for Five-Minute Smallville, though. (I actually found a message board post recently that referred to our Smallville section as "members-only." Whoops.)

Zeke 08-19-2005 04:31 AM

Can I just add that I really hate being this busy?

Hotaru 08-19-2005 07:57 AM

Oh Zeke, I think you've earned a little vacation. Y'know, you could call this "Zeke Appreciation Week" and you sit back, relax, and allow us to fill this thread with our feelings on why you are so great. I think it'd go over okay.

PointyHairedJedi 08-21-2005 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke
Can I just add that I really hate being this busy?

As a lazy person, I can entirely sympathise.

Zeke 08-22-2005 04:20 AM

I'm not being lazy, I just haven't had any time. These are my last few days in Ottawa and my parents are squeezing as much out of them as possible. I'll finally be back in Waterloo next week, though.

whoiam 08-22-2005 10:19 AM

I gotta second the 'Zeke Appreciation Week' idea - and better yet, I think we should give his parents (and anyone else keeping him busy) some 'Lousy Webmaster-Disturber' T-shirts... with angry Phlox-faces on the front.... and a built-in, remote controllable electric shock device... :wink:

Zeke 08-24-2005 05:26 AM

Zeke Appreciation Week? Dude, the fact that you guys stick around in dry spells like this is all the appreciation I want. (Though link pimpage never hurts.) But if you're going to appreciate me, appreciate my staff too. Without them, I'd publish like two fivers a year.

Anyway....

August 24

Two days till I leave Ottawa. The one site thing I'll have time to finish before then is the fifth-anniversary article; look for that tomorrow, and don't miss it, because there will be important news included. In the meantime, I've addressed the growing problem of forum spambots.

PointyHairedJedi 08-24-2005 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke
I'm not being lazy, I just haven't had any time.

Oh no, I'm not saying you're lazy, I'm saying that I'm lazy, and I sympathise.

Um, that's not really going to fly, is it.

Zeke 08-24-2005 07:18 PM

Relax, Jedi. Many's the time I really HAVE been being lazy, and using my RL as an excuse. This just wasn't one of them.