The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Deep dark confession thread (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=684)

Ginga 03-20-2005 11:12 PM

Hey, yeah, *agrees with Lexy!*

Picard could also be considered quite sexy... hmm...

Anonymous 03-20-2005 11:41 PM

Bah, I forgot about Dr. Crusher, Alexia, but still, I was talking about back in TNG, not the movies, when the make-up was poor and the lighting was bad. Star Trek went through a really bad image period during TNG when the show had this sort of smeary, washed out quality.

Vedra 03-20-2005 11:42 PM

Crap, that was me, I forgot to sign in.

Ginga 03-21-2005 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Bah, I forgot about Dr. Crusher, Alexia, but still, I was talking about back in TNG, not the movies, when the make-up was poor and the lighting was bad. Star Trek went through a really bad image period during TNG when the show had this sort of smeary, washed out quality.

I remember that, too. Oh dear Lord, those uniforms. >_<

PointyHairedJedi 03-22-2005 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katy Jane

sometimes ;)

Brother: I will NOT sit throught a startrek movie in the theater.
Me: Janeway's going to be in it.
Brother: Ok!

Ofcourse i didn't bother to mention that is was just a quick cameo. he looked over me after the scean and wispered "Thats it?!" :p

You are evil and your brother is crazy. Just thought I should tell you that. :P

KillerGodMan 03-28-2005 03:58 AM

I hate DS9 and TAS, save for a few episodes

I hate ENT, but I also hate to see it go the way it's going

I laugh everytime Worf gets hurt

I refuse to watch Star Trek V and Star Trek Issurection (I think I spelled that wrong)

I like Riker without the beard

I like Dianna when she's not in the scene

P/C creeps me out

J/C creeps me out

ANY Trek 'ship creeps me out

I once had a nightmare with Borg in it

I hate Stargate Atlantis

I'd watch Stargate SG-1 over Trek.

There, that's all

Edited before the others murdered me...

PointyHairedJedi 03-28-2005 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerGodMan
I hate TOS and TAS, save for a few episodesl

I'll bring the pitchforks and flaming torches, but someone else is going to have to bring the bloodthirsty mob.

Nothing personal, KillerGodMan. ;)

Katy Jane 03-29-2005 03:58 AM

to barrow a word from my brother... TOS is the "Shizzle"

KillerGodMan 03-29-2005 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PointyHairedJedi
Quote:

I hate TOS and TAS, save for a few episodesl

I'll bring the pitchforks and flaming torches, but someone else is going to have to bring the bloodthirsty mob.

Nothing personal, KillerGodMan. ;)

Wait... I said I hate TOS?

Shoot, I wrote the wrong thing, I'll fix that ASAP

PointyHairedJedi 03-29-2005 12:28 PM

Wise man. :D

Alexia 03-29-2005 09:33 PM

Quote:

I hate Stargate Atlantis

And for that I must now kill you :twisted:

NAHTMMM 03-29-2005 10:56 PM

Oh come on now people. Surely there are others in this thread who've said things worthy of execution! :P

Ginga 03-30-2005 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NAHTMMM
Oh come on now people. Surely there are others in this thread who've said things worthy of execution! :P

*cough*Me*cough*

I can't believe no one jumped on the fact that I used to be a C/7er... o_O

Katy Jane 03-30-2005 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuyu Ginga

You were young, people make mistakes... now if you said that you were currently a C/7er, i would have had to take drastic mesures. ;)

Ginga 03-30-2005 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katy Jane
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuyu Ginga

You were young, people make mistakes... now if you said that you were currently a C/7er, i would have had to take drastic mesures. ;)

I was so young... so misguided... D:

Why, it wasn't until TODAY when I discovered the greatness of...

Season 1. :oops:

(Whoa. Is it just me or is there a new crying emoticon?)

Alexia 03-30-2005 07:12 AM

You mean SOMONE ELSE said they didn't like Atlantis? :shock:

*readies Bat'leth* :twisted: :wink:

And no, Ginga, it's just you :wink: That crying emote has always been there! :mrgreen:

Scooter 03-30-2005 10:14 AM

Hmm, what would my Star Trek confessions be?

When I first saw NextGen (we had a premiere party at college) I was very happy, because it was just as bad as the original Star Trek. My best friend and I always watched TOS together in reruns at midnight on Channel 11, just to laugh at pure silliness ("Brain and brain--what is brain?") but especially for the contest for Most Pomposity (always won by Kirk, but with a good running game from Spock and McCoy). When I saw that Picard and Riker were at least as pompous as Kirk, I was very pleased indeed.

Despite my scorn I have seen every episode of TOS, TNG, VOY, and--no, that's it.

Data irritates me like sitting in a chair full of lice. I'd rather chat with Neelix. Briefly.

I preferred Kirstie Alley to Robin Curtis.

I kept waiting for hints of Kim/Paris. :) I thought Paris/Torres was even less believable than C/7.

Shut the holodeck off already and write a real science fiction script. Honestly, Voyager is low on energy and rationing replicator usage and they're playing pool in New Orleans?

I always thought giving Sulu his own show was a terrible idea (and "Flashback" proves it).

When Sisko sailed to Cardassia on a solar wind ship I hoped he would stay there and we'd never see him again. When Sisko went to Earth and he took his baseball with him, I said, "Hooray! Kira's in charge!"

I thought Pulaski was a step in the right direction. My favorite image from early NG is her admitting that the only danger she'd been in from Moriarty was from being stuffed with crumpets.

I harbor a mild but longstanding grudge against Star Trek for having a certain sactimoniousness at its core, and for being explicitly opposed to depicting gay people in the future. So, we just don't exist? Dandy.

Yet my little grudge is assuaged by Star Trek's unceasing ability to undermine its own sanctimoniousness with cheese and unintentional camp (just to take one example, Khan's entourage in Wrath of Khan was, according to IMDB, entirely made up of Chippendale's dancers).

My final confession is that I love Star Trek very much, and I honestly believe it has changed the world for the better.

Chancellor Valium 03-30-2005 05:06 PM

I am still waiting for an episode of Star Trek which leaves me feeling the same way as a story of the old series of doctor who did.

I have probably watched more stories of Star Trek than I have of Doctor Who.

I prefer SG1 to ENT, and didn't like what little of Atlantis I saw.........

Alexia 03-30-2005 08:52 PM

My opinion of DS9 greatly improved when they did that Jadzia/random woman kiss.

Chancellor Valium 03-31-2005 12:26 AM

I think that the HitchHiker's Guide to hte Galaxy rules supreme over........well, over most things, really.